Ordering a Hellcat, I think... - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 08:25 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarDiv View Post
Thanks, I'm more confident than I was yesterday to be sure. Yes they have my Loot, which might be enough to keep me hostage. But my happiness is priceless as are my dreams. The fact that My Scat has 30K+ on her is the only reason im making the move to a newer car. And quite frankly if they stopped making Challengers today, a Pro charger, headers and a tune would be very respectable and might even save my marriage

So you received you vin after a deposit, did you get a build sheet, I'm not sure how to check my Vin to see if the car was ordered correctly. Tell me more if you would how to track it. What should I ask my salesman for as far as documentation to bemore informed..

Thanks for everyone's replies

Dodge salesman are just as much clueless about your VIN and order just like Dodge Customer Service is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
Dodge salesman are just as much clueless about your VIN and order just like Dodge Customer Service is.
H,mm never had that problem with Dodge customer service when we ordered our 2018 SRT.They were more than help full keeping us up to date where our car was.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 05:17 AM

When you ask Dodge customer service a simple question like “how long does it usually take for a vehicle to change over from D Status to D1 Status”, they have no clue. When I ask Dodge customer service a question like, “can a vehicle change from D Status to D1 Status “electronically” while the Brampton plant is temporary shut down for 2 weeks”, they are again clueless and don’t have an answer. Dodge customer service needs to know the answers to these types of questions because it’s not the first time that the Brampton plant has temporarily shut down like this with customer vehicle orders being in the D Status. They should be able to give a straight answer to these questions. But they don’t.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarDiv View Post
So Friday, My credit was approved but the only Hellcat that the dealer had, just wasn't my color. As I was headed for the door, I ask about ordering one in the color I wanted. Well I was told that of course ordering Hellcat's was Restricted at the moment and that they wouldn't know what the dealerships allotment would be until the beginning of the month(Today). Then a Manager said he'd check with his rep, but the rumor mill had it that they weren't even taking orders in April and possibly May so I left . Anyhow, I had no sooner walked in the door when my salesmen called me back and said the rep got back with to his manager and it was good news for me. He said that if he pushed the order thru as sold, for a $1,000 deposit (non refundable) "I would have my Hellcat made to order in 6 to 8 weeks". So I went thru the build specs I wanted in my car as I was on the phone and let them charger my credit card for a grand. This was Friday. Today I received a text from my salesman informing me that a vin number was generated for my new hellcat and he gave it to me.

?????

Does this make sense as to the order of operations? Never ordered a new car and just wanted to run it by the brotherhood
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Semper Fi
Thanks for your service brother!!! You guys are the best. Good luck with the Hellcat.

2015 Scatpack 392 M6
Black/black
Stainless Works LT Headers
High flow cats
Resonator delete
274 Comp Cam with vvt limiter
Arrington 84 mm throttle body
Barton short throw shifter
Unlocked PCM
Diablo Sport Tuner
HHP Tune
Mopar CAI
Mopar front/rear strut tower braces
Speedlogix SS eliminator
Black lug nuts with Hellcat center caps
Mopar Performance Lowering Springs
Hellcat ram air intake
Hellcat red start button
275 Nittos
Heated/Ventilated seats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coobie View Post
H,mm never had that problem with Dodge customer service when we ordered our 2018 SRT.They were more than help full keeping us up to date where our car was.
In all fairness, they can only provide whatever information they have access to. But it did seem a bit strange to hear that our car had been shipped, three different times over a period of as many months.

If I didn't know better (actually, I don't) I'd say that they use a dart board to pick the answers to the most common questions.
Since they generally ended the conversation with "Check back in a week", it was a fairly safe bet that they'd hit a different part of the dart board that time.

2018 Challenger
2019 Challenger
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy N. View Post
In all fairness, they can only provide whatever information they have access to. But it did seem a bit strange to hear that our car had been shipped, three different times over a period of as many months.

If I didn't know better (actually, I don't) I'd say that they use a dart board to pick the answers to the most common questions.
Since they generally ended the conversation with "Check back in a week", it was a fairly safe bet that they'd hit a different part of the dart board that time.

Yeah, it’s too bad that the jabronis at Dodge customer service don’t know the answers to simple questions. Dodge needs to give them training so they can know the answers to these questions. Otherwise, these Dodge customer service reps are better off driving an ice cream truck.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,739 Times in 2,827 Posts
Garage
Delivery is an issue, I don't follow other makes, so no idea if it's across the board. I still say they can't tell you where it is because they know it's going to take a long time, and would rather appear clueless. A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:38 AM

Supposedly they aren't allowed to give detailed information about where in the shipping process it is anymore, even if they can tell where the vehicle is by their computer.

In order of factual information, my experience has been that chat is almost useless, calling is hit or miss, and the dealer usually has good and timely info.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 06:33 PM

I just did an online "live chat" with Dodge Customer Service. I gave them my VIN Number and Von Number (Vehicle order Number) and they told me that my Challenger order has moved up from D Status to "D1 Status". It moved to D1 Status on April 2nd just 4 days ago. They also told me that the "Estimated Ship Date" for my car will be on April 17th.

I know that the Brampton assembly plant will reopen for production again on April 15th. Is it possible that my Challenger will be built in only 1 day, say on the 15th or the 16th of April when the plant reopens again and be shipped out on the next day on April 17th like their computer system says??? Or do you think that this is unlikely to happen and that my car will be built on April 17th or a few days after April 17th and be shipped out on the week of April 22nd? How accurate is the Ship Date of April 17th that Dodge Customer Service just gave me for my Challenger? Is that an accurate enough ship date or is it inaccurate and only an "estimated" ship date?
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 07:37 PM

It is an estimate, at best.
And I hope for your sake that your car won't be built on the 15th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode