Ordering a Hellcat, I think... - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 07:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy N. View Post
It is an estimate, at best.
And I hope for your sake that your car won't be built on the 15th.

Why do you say that? What difference does it make if the vehicle is built on the 15th of April or any other day after the 15th? Most of these Challengers are built with quality issues to begin with no matter which day that they are built. Do you think that Tyrone, Bubba and Antwon the assembly line employees will drink a lot before the plant reopens causing them to be hung over and not build the car correctly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:00 PM

Yeah, it was something like that I had in mind. Plus it may take a day or two for them to remember what went where.
Or where they were supposed to go in the first place.

2018 Challenger
2019 Challenger
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it was something like that I had in mind. Plus it may take a day or two for them to remember what went where.
Or where they were supposed to go in the first place.

That thought also crossed my mind too. However, I'm not buying the car that I special ordered. It's going to be a 3 year lease, so if there is anything wrong with it, the factory warranty will cover everything. I give the car back at the end of 3 years and won't have to live with or deal with quality problems that any fat assed drunk assembly worker(s) caused to my car because they returned to work with a hangover. That will be someone else's problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:15 PM

Leased or not, you're the one that has to deal with the lost time and dealer visits.

Besides, you may not mind, but it would take a lot before I took any of my vehicles to a dealer. Dealer visits seems to be a bit like the restarts after a yellow flag, they create new problems.

So unless you're in a real hurry, wouldn't it be better if your car was built on, say, the 18th?
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Leased or not, you're the one that has to deal with the lost time and dealer visits.

Besides, you may not mind, but it would take a lot before I took any of my vehicles to a dealer. Dealer visits seems to be a bit like the restarts after a yellow flag, they create new problems.

So unless you're in a real hurry, wouldn't it be better if your car was built on, say, the 18th?

I don't mind if my car is built on April 18th. I'm in no rush. I think that it will be built on the week that the plant reopens. However, I don't think that it will be built so soon on April 15th or on April 16th, the day after the plant opens. Plus, my car has to go into that special department where they put the wheel flares and the Hellcat rims, tires, special suspension and the Scat Pack racing stripe on the back trunk.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:38 PM

Yep, the build is only the first step. Between going to the upfitter and then getting shipped, it'll be a while before you see it.
Luckily for you, your car shouldn't be subjected to salt spray, like most winter builds are.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 03:04 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Hopefully you'll get your car by June or July with all the railroad back up delays going on.

2018 SXT Plus Granite Crystal Metallic
2017 Maverick XMR 1000R
2015 Ram 3500 Dually 4x4 Aisin
2014 Palomino Columbia 43' TH
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Yapster View Post
Hopefully you'll get your car by June or July with all the railroad back up delays going on.

I’ve read about the railroad back up delays. However, the articles which I read about these delays that you are talking about are old and are from one year ago last summer. I doubt that there will be any delays with shipping when everyone else in here like me who ordered a Challenger got delivery of their car quickly without having to wait for an extra 1 or 2 months. The estimated delivery will probably in the beginning or before the middle of May. Plus, I live up here in the northeast in Massachusetts which is only 525 miles away southeast from the Brampton plant. If there are any delays, I doubt that it will be that bad.

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 04-07-2019 at 04:54 AM.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:08 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
Quote:

I’ve read about the railroad back up delays. However, the articles which I read about these delays that you are talking about are old and are from one year ago last summer. I doubt that there will be any delays with shipping when everyone else in here like me who ordered a Challenger got delivery of their car quickly without having to wait for an extra 1 or 2 months. The estimated delivery will probably in the beginning or before the middle of May. Plus, I live up here in the northeast in Massachusetts which is only 525 miles away southeast from the Brampton plant. If there are any delays, I doubt that it will be that bad.
Oh yes being up north your right shouldn't be a problem. You'll definitely need to post some pics of you car when it arrives. Congrats i know your excited!!!
Keep us posted
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Oh yes being up north your right shouldn't be a problem. You'll definitely need to post some pics of you car when it arrives. Congrats i know your excited!!!
Keep us posted

I will. I'm definitely very excited about getting the car. I used to own a 2008 Charger R/T Road & Track for 11 years that just got totaled a few weeks ago. This particular Challenger Wide body that I ordered is 100 times better than my Charger R/T. The horsepower, torque and performance as well as the looks of my Challenger Wide Body are night and day when compared to my 11 year old Charger that I used to drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode