Questions about hidden information sent to the company - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Questions about hidden information sent to the company

Questions about hidden information sent to the company.

I was wondering about what if any types of information, perhaps about my driving habits or anything that I might not know about including interior cameras and general data and things like that, if any of that stuff is sent back to the company without my knowledge. Something I may have agreed to without realizing it when I purchased a car new in 2016.

If you need more information about the model and all of that let me know but just know that I paid $50,000 for that car, so it has virtually every option available including the shaker hood with the 392 Hemi, the safety package for the mirrors and side objects, the Alpine stereo system, a six speed manual transmission, and the Super Track Pack, and, well, just everything that is available is included.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,776 Times in 2,856 Posts
Garage
The nose picking cam? Lol. No cameras, but "telemetry" on such things as tire pressure, oil life, CELs (Check Engine Light), from Uconnect (Vehicle Health Report). The "black box" stores a ton of info from speed, throttle position, were you wearing your seat belt, etc. But I believe that has to be accessed directly from the car, and it's only 5 seconds of data triggered by the accident.

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:07 AM

Garage
There IS a module that checks for run-on sentences.

Be careful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Hellcat
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to landoawd For This Useful Post:
enemy (06-23-2019), Jimmy N. (06-13-2019), PaVaSteeler (06-13-2019), RWL11 (06-22-2019), the11thday (06-14-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:50 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landoawd View Post

Be careful.

Heheheh...

2012 R/T Classic 6M; STP; Barton Shifter; CDV delete; Skip Shift Eliminator; Blastin' Bobs' axle back Magnaflow resonators; DiabloSport i2 tuner w/Hemifever custom tune; Mopar hood pins; Petty's Garage front strut brace; Tungsten Metallic Clear Coat.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:44 AM

Thanked 1,117 Times in 626 Posts
Garage
Along with the Clutch Delay Valve delete, and the Skip-shift eliminator, you should look on line to find the best deal on a Fed-data eliminator device. Just sign on to your Google account; I'm sure their tracking algorithms already have a complete picture of your internet usage.

Here's a picture of one:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71GV79NPpZL._UX425_.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	947199  

"Renny", a 2015 Scat Pack 392, 6M Pitch Black - Driver's Conv Opt; Tech Opt; Leather; SGII
Billet Technology engine bay pieces - Sponsor
Custom designed, George Barris inspired side pipes Hiflow Custom Exhaust - Sponsor
Katzkin Leather interior - Sponsor
NoWeeds Exhaust Diverters - Sponsor
Barton Flat Stick Short Shifter
Mopar Stage 1 Springs

The Following User Says Thank You to PaVaSteeler For This Useful Post:
Jimmy N. (06-24-2019)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:51 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 3,215 Times in 2,049 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaVaSteeler View Post
Along with the Clutch Delay Valve delete, and the Skip-shift eliminator, you should look on line to find the best deal on a Fed-data eliminator device. Just sign on to your Google account; I'm sure their tracking algorithms already have a complete picture of your internet usage.

Here's a picture of one:
Armadillo helmets work better.....

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US
WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!!!!!!
PLEASE VISIT

FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!

828-324-4410
800-779-3634

The Following User Says Thank You to stevewhiteparts For This Useful Post:
PaVaSteeler (06-13-2019)
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 01:33 PM

Anything with GPS and wi-fi has the potential to relay information back to a specific source..In the case of your car, it could be vehical speed, GPS cord, etc.
Every modern car has ways of storing such data, even if it cant transmitt it.
The amount it stores and for how long probably varies greatly. I would guess most of it has to do with diagnostic purposes and possibly moment of crash, black box type data. (ie: did airbag deploy, seat belts on, throttle position, brakes/anti-lock/stability controls properly working, etc)

But, for example, "Friend Locator" app, displays my phones location, if its in the car with me, it then tracks and displays my top speed, average speed, route taken, miles driven, number of "incidents" which include rapid accelleration, rapid stop, etc. It displays this instantly to whomever is on the app contact list. So, can it be done - yes very easily.

The big question is, is this (if anything) being transmitted back to dodge?
Very, very, as in 99.9999% unlikely.
What exactly would they do with it?, even if they wanted it?
and there would be such massive amounts of data coming from hundreds of thousands of dodge vehicles on the road at any one given time acrossed the world, it would be incalculatable amounts of data.

As for cameras inside your ar. thats a no-no. Vehicles are an extension of your residence under most state laws and can be considered in legal terms, to be the same as your private domain. A vehicle manf cannot simply put a spy cam in your car prior to purchase without disclosing such..and again, why would they?

You have more to worry about, with your auto insirance wanting this info, incentivizing it with discounts for safe driver devices that monitor your speed, turn siganl use, etc, than you ever are from dodge peeking hbehind the curtain to make sure your burn out was a solid 1/2 a city block long and not any shorter..lol.

2015 Mods:
Hellcat Intake w/ AEM hi-flow filter.
GenPartsCo-USA D.I.P.S. air catcher screens.
Axis Model II's.
Firestone Indy 275/40/20
Rolling Thunder Reso delete.
Exteremevinyls side marker tints.
GPC Trunk Pull Handle.
Spare/Jack/Foam Delete.
GPC Phantoms.
Mopar O.E. Black Fuel Door.
Hellcat OE. ABS Cover.
Rear Seat Delete.
2014 Dodge Viper Seats.
Custom Fire Extinguisher & Mount.

Last edited by hemi4us; 06-13-2019 at 01:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hemi4us For This Useful Post:
PaVaSteeler (06-22-2019)
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:

Be careful.
Hahahahahahahaha

2017 Challenger T/A 392 Redline Tri-Coat
Leather Interior Group
Driver Convenience Group
Sound Group II
TorqueFlite Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission
Power Sunroof
Black Hood Pins
Uconnect 8.4 Navigation

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:

Be careful.
You win internet for today.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:40 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi4us View Post
You have more to worry about, with your auto insurance wanting this info, incentivizing it with discounts for safe driver devices that monitor your speed, turn signal use, etc, than you ever are from dodge peeking behind the curtain to make sure your burn out was a solid 1/2 a city block long and not any shorter..lol.
I've wanted to entertain myself by getting one of those plug in monitors from Progressive Insurance and after a month of driving like I do ask them if I qualify for the best discounts - you know: the ones where I got no tickets for doing 110 mph in a 70 mph area, and the ones I get for no fishtailing with the traction control off as I nail the gas from a stand still to 90 mph. I wonder if it would know I was eating a fast food burger doing 75 on the interstate while steering with my knees.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Live each day like it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Ban low performance drivers - not high performance cars!

2013 R/T Classic in Jazz Blue with MOPAR CAI,
MOPAR Strut Tower Brace w/Billet Strut Cap Covers,
and BT catch can.
61,477 miles so far and more to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in