Redeye w/ Technology Group pricing - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Redeye w/ Technology Group pricing

If you have ordered a Redeye with the Technology Group... Early window stickers and build sheets are showing the Tech Group only has the auto high beam headlights and rain sensitive windshield wipers and is missing the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Forward Collision Warning (FCW). The Build and Price website shows the ACC is not available for the High Output (Redeye H.O. engine) or manual transmission, and shows the FCW is not available with a manual transmission. The window sticker and Build and Price website are showing the FULL price of $1295 for the Redeye. On manual transmission cars, the window sticker will show the Tech Group at a reduced price of $495, since a manual transmission car does not have the ACC and FCW. If you have a Redeye on order, please contact Dodge customer service via phone, email and chat and ask about this situation. Open a case with customer service and find out if you will be charged the full price of the Technology Group when you will only receive half of the components. Some early Dodge literature for the Redeye show the car should have the full Tech Group package. Many of us have made our purchase of the Tech Group based on this information. Please contact Dodge and ask about your car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,355 Times in 2,569 Posts
Garage
This is similar to how the '15 - present Hellcat is

the ACC is n/a due to the cooling considerations that FCA determined would affect the performance of the 6.2 SC engine.

The Redeye would be the same situation - its using the Demon engine (larger S/C, stronger crank) and has all the cooling modules as the 'Cat.

That radar eye would be located into the center lower grille area. Another item is any Hellcat or Redeye deletes the fog lights as the lower right and left sides have vents for the auxiliary engine oil cooler and the transmission auxiliary coolers.

2016 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 23Y pkg (M6) ordered 8/28/15, born 10/23/15, home 11/20/15
Torred / Black/ Ruby Red leather
2009 R/T 27J pkg (M6) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08
Hemi Orange / Dark Slate/Light Slate Gray leather
-Sold 9/1/15
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal H View Post
This is similar to how the '15 - present Hellcat is

the ACC is n/a due to the cooling considerations that FCA determined would affect the performance of the 6.2 SC engine.

The Redeye would be the same situation - its using the Demon engine (larger S/C, stronger crank) and has all the cooling modules as the 'Cat.

That radar eye would be located into the center lower grille area. Another item is any Hellcat or Redeye deletes the fog lights as the lower right and left sides have vents for the auxiliary engine oil cooler and the transmission auxiliary coolers.
I agree with what you say. However, the price for the Tech Group should be $495, not $1295. That's my point. Not to mention the 2019 Feature Availability chart showed the Tech Group, without restrictions, is available on the Redeye. And the photos of the demo cars all showed the eye ball. All I'm looking for is a price adjustment, same as you would get on a manual transmission car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 12:35 PM

Garage
On my 16 Scat Shaker I order tech group but don't believe I got a price break. I didn't expect one; just wanted it even without the ACC/FCW. Mine's a stick.

**Edit: double-checked my sticker and looks like it was discounted. My bad**

1968 Camaro convertible, LS1 & T56, Texas Speed 228R cam, 3.73 posi, 17" Torque Thrusts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Scat Pack Shaker Challenger RT, M6, WRT, black leather, Barton shifter, 275 tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ckaram; 11-04-2018 at 12:38 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
On my 16 Scat Shaker I order tech group but don't believe I got a price break. I didn't expect one; just wanted it even without the ACC/FCW. Mine's a stick.

**Edit: double-checked my sticker and looks like it was discounted. My bad**
There was an $800 difference between Technology Grp with M6 vs A8. I ordered Tech Grp with my M6 SPS and it was $395, due to the deletion of the ACC with isn't offered w/ M6 versions
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven_sbs View Post
I agree with what you say. However, the price for the Tech Group should be $495, not $1295. That's my point. Not to mention the 2019 Feature Availability chart showed the Tech Group, without restrictions, is available on the Redeye. And the photos of the demo cars all showed the eye ball. All I'm looking for is a price adjustment, same as you would get on a manual transmission car.
Mistakes made in the literature - its happened on the website in the past as well.

The '16s Scat Packs had 3-mode Bilstein suspension appear on the window stickers (and the digital versions back then) that wasn't accurate information nor an available option that year.

In the following year ('17) the Super Scat Pack / Dynamics Package appeared as extra cost option for Scat Pack models which bundled both the 6 piston brakes and the 3 mode Bilstein shocks
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 02:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal H View Post
There was an $800 difference between Technology Grp with M6 vs A8. I ordered Tech Grp with my M6 SPS and it was $395, due to the deletion of the ACC with isn't offered w/ M6 versions
Yep, check my edit...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 10:09 PM

Thanked 3,756 Times in 2,825 Posts
The 2019 Hellcat with 717hp can apparently get the ACC, it's just the Redeye that can't yet they still charge the full price. $1300 for auto wipers and high beams? Wow!

Agree they probably worried about cooling, but then so many owners go and install their license plate in the lower grille right in front of the intercooler blocking the airflow in a massive way!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 04:15 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you read the fine print it always states that not all content is available on all models and it is subject to change. They can charge what they want and you can decide to buy it or not.

2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Pitch Black - A8
SOLD:2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Pitch Black - A8
SOLD:2015 Challenger SRT8 392 Black - A8
SOLD:2012 Challenger SRT8 392 Black - Silver Stripes - A5
SOLD:2011 Challenger R/T Classic Black - Red Stripes - A5
SOLD:2009 Challenger SRT8 Black - 6sp
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
OK, here's the latest update on ACC and FCW...

I spent 45 minutes on the phone with SRT support, asking if the Tech Group has all the features for the Redeye or if a reduced feature set would also have a reduced price.

The Technology Group for the Redeye will be $1295, no matter how many of the features it may or may not have. "That's the price you agreed to pay when you signed your contract with your dealer" according to SRT support.

I asked "Since the Build and Price web page says ACC is not available with the manual transmission or HO engine, but the FCW says it's not available only on the manual transmission and says nothing about NA on the HO engine, will the Redeye have FCW"? The SRT support person says "If Build and Price says FCW is NA on the man trans and says nothing about the HO engine, then FCW will be on the REDEYE".

So bottom line, according to the SRT support person, the Redeye will NOT have adaptive cruise control, WILL have forward collision warning, rain sensitive wipers, and auto high beam control, and cost $1295.

Now we all know this is hogwash. You can't have FCW without the eyeball in the grill, and the eyeball controls both the FCW and ACC. And how can they charge the full group price for half the features. I escalated the case to a supervisor.

About an hour later, SRT support called me back with an update:

"Ummm, there might be a mistake on the web site. Ummm ACC is not available on the Redeye, and ummm FCW is not available either. Ummm, there might be a mistake on the prices on the the web site. Ummm, we might have to make an adjustment on that".

So there was NOT a full admitting of a mistake, but there is now an acknowledgment that there MIGHT be something wrong with the Build and Price web site. The support person (who did a great job following up on the case) said he spoke to marketing who spoke to the web site team who said maybe we need to look at this.

I was then told that no price adjustment can be made right now. I might have to take delivery of the car (whenever that may be) and then call back SRT support with my case number and I might be able to get a refund sent to me.

In the mean time, support suggested that others with the same situation should call their salesman and explain what's happening, have the dealership check with a district rep about this, and work the issue from that end. Support said they would be sending this information down to the district reps, but it might take a day or two.

It's not over, but it's looking like something might be happening. Stay tuned.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven_sbs For This Useful Post:
Slidd (11-10-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode