warranty? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Been looking around for a extended warranty plan, and found one called autopom. they quoted me for a 3yr and 45,000 miles(starting after purchase) 4 options to choose one. was looking into the standard coverage which is 1,390.00 It covers
Engine – (including diesels): All internally lubricated parts contained within the engine including: pistons; piston
rings; connecting rod bearings; crankshaft; crankshaft main bearings; camshaft; camshaft bearings; cam
followers; timing chain or belt; timing gears; guides; tensioners; rocker arms; rocker shafts; rocker bushings;
cylinder head valves; valve covers; valve guides; valve lifters; valve springs; valve seals; valve retainers; valve
seats; push rods; water pump; oil pump and oil pump housing; harmonic balancer; oil pan; timing chain cover;
intake and exhaust manifold; valve covers; engine mounts; seals and gaskets, Rotary Engine Coverage: rotor
chamber and all internal parts. Engine block and cylinder head(s) are only covered if damaged as the result of
the failure of an internally lubricated part
2. Turbocharger/Supercharger (factory installed only) –All internal lubricated parts including seals and gaskets.
Turbocharger/Supercharger housings are only covered if damaged as the result of the failure of an internally
lubricated part.
3. Transmission – (Automatic or Standard): All internal parts including: torque converter; flywheel/flex plate;
vacuum modulator; electronic shift control unit and solenoids; transmission cooler; transmission mounts; oil pan;
seals and gaskets. Transmission Case is only covered if damaged as the result of the failure of an internally
lubricated part. Coverage is not afforded for standard transmission clutch assemblies, or any of their component
parts.
4. Transfer Case – All internal parts including seals and gaskets Transfer Case is only covered if damaged as the
result of the failure of an internally lubricated part 5. Drive Axle – (Front and Rear): Drive axle case; all
internal parts contained within the drive axle; locking hubs; drive shafts; center support bearings; universal
joints; constant velocity joints (unless they are damaged by the failure of a leaking CV book or lack of lube); axle
bearings; four-wheel drive actuator; differential cover; seals and gaskets.
5. Drive Axle – (Front and Rear): Drive axle case; all internal parts contained within the drive axle; locking hubs;
drive shafts; center support bearings; universal joints; constant velocity joints (unless they are damaged by the
failure of a leaking CV book or lack of lube); axle bearings; four-wheel drive actuator; differential cover; seals
and gaskets.
6. Steering – All internal parts contained within the steering box; rack and pinion gear; power steering pump; power
steering hoses; steering knuckles; pitman arm; idler arm; tie rod and tie rod ends and drag link; steering
dampner; upper and lower steering column shafts and couplings; including tilt-wheel mechanism; steering box
and rack and pinion gear housings; seals and gaskets. Real Wheel Steering: rear steering shaft and couplings;
power cylinder and pump; electronic control unit/solenoid; phase control unit; stepper motor; Steering-Box;
control valve; rack tie; rod ends; seals and gaskets.
7. Brakes: master cylinder; power brake cylinder; vacuum assist booster; hydro boost; disc brake caliper; wheel
cylinders; compensating valve; brake hydraulic lines and fittings; hydraulic control unit; seals and gaskets. The
following ABS parts are also covered: electronic control module; wheel speed sensors; hydraulic pump/motor
assembly; pressure modulator valve/isolation dump valve; ABS relays; accumulator; seals and gaskets.
8. Electrical – alternator; voltage regulator; starter motor; starter solenoid and starter drive; main engine
compartment wiring harness; ECM/PCM; electronic ignition module; crank angle sensor; knock sensor; ignition
switch; ignition switch lock cylinder; front and rear window wiper motor and P.C. board; washer pump and
switch; stop lamp switch; headlamp switch; turn signal switch; heater/AC blower speed switch; manual
heater/AC control head; horns; power door motor.
9. Air Conditioner – condenser; compressor; compressor clutch coil and pulley; air conditioning lines and hoses;
evaporator; idler pulley and idler pulley bearing; high/low compressor cut-off switch; expansion valve; pressure
cycling switch; seals and gaskets. The following are also covered if damaged by a covered part listed above:
accumulator/receiver dryer; orifice tube; oil and refrigerant; seals and gaskets.
10. Front and Rear Suspension - upper and lower control arms; control arm shafts and bearings or bushings; upper
and lower ball joints; radius arms and bushings; torsion bars and mounts or bushings; stabilizer bars; links and
bushings; struts (excluding cartridge inserts); strut bearing mount/plates; spindle and spindle support; hub or
wheel bearings; seals and gaskets. Variable Dampening Suspension: compressor; control module; air bags;
actuator; solenoid; height sensor; mode selector switch; seals and gaskets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:20 PM

Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,699 Posts
Garage
Stick with the Chrysler extended warranties. Numerous others come and go, and can leave you with nothing but a piece of paper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Past: 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T "Classic" RIP Old Buddy 6/4/15

The Present: 2016 R/T Scat Pack. Factory Options: B5 Blue, 24G Package(A8), WRT Wheels, and Modern R/T Hood Stripe. Engine HP Mods: None Needed. HC Air Box/Tube; DIPs Screen; BT Catch Can; Mopar front Brace;"TA" style side stripes; Mopar '10 Center Caps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 19johned53 For This Useful Post:
72/340 (04-10-2019), stevewhiteparts (04-10-2019)
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
i have a 2013 challenger RT with 48,000 miles they wont cover me. Autopom is registered with California Department of Insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,708 Times in 2,807 Posts
Garage
They do get good reviews

https://www.consumersadvocate.org/ca...rance-services

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/lake-fores...1126-100095551

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19johned53 View Post
Stick with the Chrysler extended warranties. Numerous others come and go, and can leave you with nothing but a piece of paper.

Agree 1000% !! Back in 2001 I bought a new Chevy Monte Carlo SS Pace Car edition. I told the salesman I wanted the best warranty GM offered. I paid $2000 for it and went on my way. Very stupidly I didn't look at the papers to see it was a third party warranty. Guess what, 3 years later they are out of business and I have no warranty. That was and will be my last GM vehicle. What's the old saying? Screw me once.... Previously I was a Chevy guy and had bought a bunch of them over the years....

'10 Challenger R/T Classic
Flowmaster Force II cat back, K&N branded CAI with Amsoil dry synthetic filter, Diablo Predator 91 CAI tune,
Mopar '11+ IAT sensor, Mopar hood struts, RPI stealth guards, R/T spoiler emblem

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:19 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 3,207 Times in 2,044 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanogar View Post
i have a 2013 challenger RT with 48,000 miles they wont cover me. Autopom is registered with California Department of Insurance.
good luck, you probably will need it

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US
WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!!!!!!
PLEASE VISIT

FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!

828-324-4410
800-779-3634

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
what does that mean?
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:56 AM

Garage
Best advice I can offer is check with the techs where you will have your car worked on and which will probably be involved with any warranty claims made to see what experience they have had with this extended warranty coverage company.

Even the best companies put up a bit of a fight to avoid paying a claim, seeking any reason to deny the claim.

Be sure you also read what you have to do to keep the coverage in effect. What service schedule, inspection schedule, mileage or usage limitations there might be.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Regular maintain schedule based on owners manual
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ok just recieved a call from Chrysler factory warranty and to get the mopar protection plan I have to take my car to get inspected at a FCA dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode