Why so many Challenger Hellcats for sale? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Why so many Challenger Hellcats for sale?

Browsing for months and missing out on the Demon when they came out I ended up buying a 2018 TA Challenger as my daily driver.

While browsing and still browse once in a while I see soo many low mileage Hellcats for sale.

Many 2015 through 2018 on the market and they don't seem to move even when offered at a fair market value, 45k - 55k

Average mileage is 900 - 1700 or so.

Why so many get traded or sold with such low miles on them?

Its tempting to buy one of those for my daily driver!

A pic of my yellow hornet after a Ceramic Pro treatment!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	myyellowbee.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	336.2 KB
ID:	943659  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pjs1inc For This Useful Post:
Fawls (04-16-2019), Sublime69 (04-22-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:08 AM

Does the amount of power they have make them "uncomfortable" daily-drivers maybe? I've never driven one - just wondering how good they would be as a daily driver...
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:27 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Docile as a kitten, until you provoke it.
The Following User Says Thank You to deano379 For This Useful Post:
Sublime69 (04-22-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Does the amount of power they have make them "uncomfortable" daily-drivers maybe? I've never driven one - just wondering how good they would be as a daily driver...
22+ mpg and comfy suspension? It works

I think a lot of owners are *ahem* of a certain age, and use them for "weekend cars".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Hellcat
The Following User Says Thank You to landoawd For This Useful Post:
Flat Top (04-17-2019)
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Insurance rates may be one reason.

2015 SRT 392 A8, Granite, Sepia, Totaled 8/9/17
2016 SRT 392 A8, Go Mango w/Satin Black Hellcat Hood and Mopar TA CAI, Tech package, Napa, Sunroof, Scott Drake Black billet fuel door, KW Adjustable Springs, BWoody Sway Bar End Links, Scott Drake Front Shock Tower Brace, Billet Tech Catch Can, Downforce Solutions Front Splitter and Wickerbill, Akrapovic CF Exhaust Tips, Xpel 20% tint.
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landoawd View Post
22+ mpg and comfy suspension? It works

I think a lot of owners are *ahem* of a certain age, and use them for "weekend cars".

You mean a lot of owners are middle aged or old geezers. Say it like it is.
I think that the Hellcat is an impractical car for a daily driver. It has 717 horsepower which is just too much horsepower for the road for one to handle with every day driving. Especially if you live in the Midwest and northeast with the winters and snow. I believe that the Scat Pack Challenger with its 485 horsepower is the best choice for a daily driver. Anymore horsepower than that is just too much and not practical for every day driving on the road.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scatpacksam For This Useful Post:
Bob Ricewasser (04-15-2019)
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
I think that the Hellcat is an impractical car for a daily driver. It has 717 horsepower which is just too much horsepower for the road for one to handle with every day driving. Especially if you live in the Midwest and northeast with the winters and snow. I believe that the Scat Pack Challenger with its 485 horsepower is the best choice for a daily driver. Anymore horsepower than that is just too much and not practical for every day driving on the road.
I mean, if it's scary (and it can be), just press the button for 500hp. It's basically an SP with a whining problem.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to landoawd For This Useful Post:
Fawls (04-16-2019), Jimmy N. (04-15-2019), silver scat (04-15-2019)
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
People can say that about the scat pack as well. Who needs nearly 500hp for regular highway driving or cruising around town? It's not practical, but that's what my next car will be. I'm 90% sure of it.

But I won't judge anyone by what their daily driver or weekend car is.
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post
Insurance rates may be one reason.

Funny enough, my insurance rates went up when I went from a V8 to a 4 cylinder, non turbo. You would figure the rates would have gone down.
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
If there's 485 or 717 hp available shouldn't much matter. For those that lack the connection between the top and lower right parts of their bodies, either run the black key as suggested above, or put it in Valet Mode.
One elegant solution would be getting the AWD V6, which I think would be an even better choice than "the best choice" 485 hp engine.

Lacking that best choice, I'll do my best to overcome the impracticality and the "too much" horsepower of my Challenger.
It has worked quite well so far, but that was before being made aware of that my car has too much power to enjoy on a daily basis. Well, in the dry months.

2018 Challenger
2019 Challenger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode