Dodge Challenger Forum banner

...Yet another new Challenger Scat Pack Ordered!

4K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Jimmy N. 
#1 ·
What's up guys.

So I've owned an 07' Charger R/T for about 6 years - great car. A fair amount of mods has made it a great ride, but I was sick of it 6 months ago. I started researching Audi's - and I was very close to buying a 2019 S5 or a 2017 S7... but I just couldn't turn my back on mopar muscle. It felt wrong.

Ordered a 19' Challenger Scat Widebody with every option possible, in Indigo Blue. How long am I waiting for? I'm in Michigan, so I'm pretty close to Brampton.

Just received VIN and VON today. Ordered it 8 days ago.

#2 ·
Congratulations... you will be pleased with your choice.

I recently came over to a Scat Pack Wide Body from a Jaguar F-Type R Coupe and couldn’t be happier to be back in a big, fast and roomy American muscle car.

I am in Michigan too. I ordered my car in late November and picked it up in January. Total turnaround was about 7 weeks, but would have been sooner if it didn’t get hung up in shipping. It sat on a lot for about two weeks before final delivery to the dealer.

#3 ·
A Redeye Hellcat got delivered in 4 weeks and that's the fastest I've seen posted, guessing closer to 7 weeks to be safe, the Upfitter for the wheels adds to the time a good bit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
A nice choice, and good on you for staying with MOPAR...

#6 ·
Congratulations !! I've been through 2 S4's, a TTrs and most recently an S6.... While they're great cars, you couldn't get factory remote start, not to mention ventilated seats would be part of some 3500-4000 upgrade option package that had nothing else you'd be interested in... just not worth it. When I traded in my 2018 S6 for a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland I really felt that I upgraded..... My Indigo Blue Widebody Scatpack should be here very soon and I can't wait !!! Good Luck !!

#7 ·
Ordered a 19' Challenger Scat Widebody with every option possible, in Indigo Blue. How long am I waiting for? I'm in Michigan, so I'm pretty close to Brampton.

Just received VIN and VON today. Ordered it 8 days ago.
If you're on the Eastern side or nearby Detroit - yours might be trucked to the final destination vs. shipping by rail car.

Most vehicles pass through Windsor, ON and to Sterling Heights for shipping by rail - especially when they outbound to other states further away.

#9 ·
Absolutely - got the adaptive suspension, and literally every option I could add to it besides red caliper covers (didn't think it would jive with indigo blue exterior).

I live in Grand Rapids. Could I drive to Detroit and pick it up there at a different dealer or something? Or do I have to painfully wait for it to rail car its way over to GR?

Thanks for all of the support dudes!

#15 ·
Its going to ship to your dealer. Grand Rapids from Sterling Heights is ~ 160mi, so it won't take that long.

#10 ·
Nice! I ordered my Scat Pack widebody on 4/20. Had a VIN assigned to it on 4/22. The salesman texted me today that it was in "F" status as of yesterday morning. He seems to be hopeful that it'll be here before the end of the month. BTW, I'm in the suburbs of Chicago. I ordered mine in indigo blue as well. Went with no sunroof or nav, M6, harmon kardon, SRT spoiler, red calipers and black and red alcantra interior.

#11 ·
**** man, nice. We are on the same timeline give or take. I wonder what status mine is in - they haven't told me that. When I spoke to the online Dodge support yesterday, all she told me was that the parts were received for my car. Not sure where that puts me, status wise. If it was end of month for me - I would be stoked.

#12 ·
My salesman has been great. He's been providing updates even though I haven't been after him for any. I traded a very clean 89 Trans Am GTA in on it, so I think he knows I'm a car guy. He already told me that as soon as it comes in, he's going to call me, so I can grab up all the factory paperwork, like the build sheet. He said that they'll leave the plastic on the seats and only wash it if I want them to. I was kinda torn on going with the red calipers and especially the red and black interior with a blue car, but I remember how bad ass the 96 Corvette grand sport looked in blue with a red interior.

#13 ·
Damn now i'm rethinking my interior choice - I went with all black. ****.

I was also SUPER close to going with Orange or Purple... but settled with blue.

Yeah I'm hoping that with the time of year that it is - our cars are built super fast due to demand.

#14 ·
I ordered my wide body on February 28th. Delivered to dealership on April 6th.

#17 ·
My Scat Pack has been sitting at Conner Yard in Michigan now for the last 6 days going on 7 days tomorrow on Saturday. No ETA ship date had been determined yet.

Does anybody in here know how many days average that these cars sit at Conner Yard in Michigan before being shipped to the Toledo, Ohio rail yard for the train trip to their final destination? Also, do the cars sit another week at the Toledo rail yard before they are put on the rail car to their final destination? What's the usual estimated wait time that a car incurs at the Conner Yard in Michigan and at the Toledo rail station before it moves on to its final rail destination? Does anybody here know?

#18 ·
Does anybody in here know how many days average that these cars sit at Conner Yard in Michigan before being shipped to the Toledo, Ohio rail yard for the train trip to their final destination? Also, do the cars sit another week at the Toledo rail yard before they are put on the rail car to their final destination? What's the usual estimated wait time that a car incurs at the Conner Yard in Michigan and at the Toledo rail station before it moves on to its final rail destination? Does anybody here know?
It seems like the entire process from ordering can take as little as four weeks, or six months plus.
Yours will likely be somewhere in between.

#19 ·
Hey SPS,
Take a Xanax and chill. It'll be here before you know it and it'll be like you always had it:grin2:

Red Calipers with Indigo blue will look great !! I went with all black interior.. I've had blue cars with red interior... it was cool, but black always works... hoping to have mine VERY SOON... its been in ship mode for a week now.

#24 · (Edited)
Does anyone in here know if there's currently a rail car shortage going on right now? This morning my dealer told me that there's some type of rail car shortage. They also said that all sold orders are supposed to get prioritized for quicker shipping whatever that means. What's the scoop with the rail car shortage. I haven't been able to find anything or any news or information on Google regarding any rail car shortage currently happeniing.

#25 ·
Reactions: Jimmy N.
#26 ·
I switched from a 2017 Camaro to a 2019 scat pick (not wife body) last week but man you won’t be disappointed. This car is PHENOMENAL and such a head turner, everyone loves it. Congrats!

#27 · (Edited)
Thank you!
I'm very excited and I'm looking forward to get my Wide Body Scat Pack. It's been a long wait. My car finally left from Conner Yard in Detroit, Michigan on Thursday, May 16th in the early afternoon. However, Dodge Customer Service says that it doesn't know where it's headed other than saying that it's on its way to the dealer. The dealer told me that the next leg that the car will go through is to be trucked from Conner Yard in Detroit, Michigan to the Toledo, Ohio rail station where it will be put on a rail car to be shipped to my local and final rail destination here in my area. Then it will be taken off the rail car and put on a car carrier and head to my dealership where I will pick it up.

There haven't been any updates on the new current location of my car yet since it left from Conner Yard in Detroit, Michigan on Thursday. I did some research and I found out that Conner Yard in Detroit is located only 1 hour away from Toledo, Ohio where the rail station is located. I would think that if the vehicle left from Conner Yard in Detroit in the early afternoon on Thursday, May 16th, that it would arrive at the Toledo, Ohio rail station in an hour or two on the same day and that it's sitting parked somewhere in the rail yard right now waiting to be put on the train to be shipped out. However, there's no update or any information confirming that my car is at the rail station in Toledo. How long does it take for the location information for a car to update on the Dodge computer system? Why is there 3 days of silence since Thursday since my car was moved out of Conner Yard in Detroit? Thursday passed, Friday passed, Saturday passed and now Sunday is going to pass. No update on my car's current location yet. If the vehicle left Conner Yard in Detroit on Thursday during the early afternoon and was trucked only one hour away to the Toledo, Ohio rail station, the information on the new location of where my car is now located should've updated already by now. But nothing yet. Does it take a few days for the update to happen on the Dodge computer system when a car leaves Conner Yard in Detroit to be trucked only one hour away to the Toledo, Ohio rail station? With all of todays computer technology and capabilities, you would think that Dodge can track the location of their vehicles during each of their leg movements. Especially when the vehicle is on its last leg and on the way to the rail yard to be put on a rail car to be shipped to its final destination.

Has anyone else in here that's ordered their Challenger during the middle or during the end of March like I did get their car delivered to them yet? Or is your Challenger still sitting at Conner Yard in Detroit or at the Toledo, Ohio rail station? What's the progress of your shipping status so far on your newly ordered Challenger Scat Pack and Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body?

#32 ·
Shall I add "Wifebody" to the Acronyms thread? >:)

A Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.