...Yet another new Challenger Scat Pack Ordered! - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Unread 05-11-2019, 09:36 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatpacksam View Post
Has Dodge issued a ship date for yours yet? Or is yours sitting like mine waiting to get a ship date?
Would you believe that after getting an estimated ship date, it may not ship that day?
Or the next estimated date, or the next...

2018 Challenger
2019 Challenger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Unread 05-11-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy N. View Post
Would you believe that after getting an estimated ship date, it may not ship that day?
Or the next estimated date, or the next...
Someone is being a trouble maker...

No I did not ask for a ship date, I'll assume my car will be here in the 6-8 week time frame they estimated. If it does not come in, with in that time frame... it will most likely come after that....
The Following User Says Thank You to dbintegrity For This Useful Post:
Jimmy N. (05-11-2019)
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Unread 05-11-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbintegrity View Post
Someone is being a trouble maker...
What?? Who? Me???

I prefer looking at it as preparing Scatpacksam for the inevitable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy N. For This Useful Post:
pentacro (05-12-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Unread 05-13-2019, 07:39 PM

Does anyone in here know if there's currently a rail car shortage going on right now? This morning my dealer told me that there's some type of rail car shortage. They also said that all sold orders are supposed to get prioritized for quicker shipping whatever that means. What's the scoop with the rail car shortage. I haven't been able to find anything or any news or information on Google regarding any rail car shortage currently happeniing.

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 05-13-2019 at 07:42 PM.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Unread 05-13-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Does anyone in here know if there's currently a rail car shortage going on right now? This morning my dealer told me that there's some type of rail car shortage. They also said that all sold orders are supposed to get prioritized for quicker shipping whatever that means. What's the scoop with the rail car shortage. I haven't been able to find anything or any news or information on Google regarding any rail car shortage currently happeniing.
You suck at GOOGLE

https://www.arifleet.com/resources/r...livery-delays/

https://resources.us.leaseplan.com/n...ipping-delays/

2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket, Quick Order Package 28Q, Driver Convenience Group, Sound Group II, 5.7L HEMI and 8HP Automatic, Power Sunroof, and UConnect 4C w/NAVI.
The Following User Says Thank You to GSBrockman For This Useful Post:
Jimmy N. (05-13-2019)
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Unread 05-13-2019, 08:18 PM

I switched from a 2017 Camaro to a 2019 scat pick (not wife body) last week but man you won’t be disappointed. This car is PHENOMENAL and such a head turner, everyone loves it. Congrats!
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Unread 05-18-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cominfromcamaro View Post
I switched from a 2017 Camaro to a 2019 scat pick (not wife body) last week but man you won’t be disappointed. This car is PHENOMENAL and such a head turner, everyone loves it. Congrats!
Thank you!
I'm very excited and I'm looking forward to get my Wide Body Scat Pack. It's been a long wait. My car finally left from Conner Yard in Detroit, Michigan on Thursday, May 16th in the early afternoon. However, Dodge Customer Service says that it doesn't know where it's headed other than saying that it's on its way to the dealer. The dealer told me that the next leg that the car will go through is to be trucked from Conner Yard in Detroit, Michigan to the Toledo, Ohio rail station where it will be put on a rail car to be shipped to my local and final rail destination here in my area. Then it will be taken off the rail car and put on a car carrier and head to my dealership where I will pick it up.

There haven't been any updates on the new current location of my car yet since it left from Conner Yard in Detroit, Michigan on Thursday. I did some research and I found out that Conner Yard in Detroit is located only 1 hour away from Toledo, Ohio where the rail station is located. I would think that if the vehicle left from Conner Yard in Detroit in the early afternoon on Thursday, May 16th, that it would arrive at the Toledo, Ohio rail station in an hour or two on the same day and that it's sitting parked somewhere in the rail yard right now waiting to be put on the train to be shipped out. However, there's no update or any information confirming that my car is at the rail station in Toledo. How long does it take for the location information for a car to update on the Dodge computer system? Why is there 3 days of silence since Thursday since my car was moved out of Conner Yard in Detroit? Thursday passed, Friday passed, Saturday passed and now Sunday is going to pass. No update on my car's current location yet. If the vehicle left Conner Yard in Detroit on Thursday during the early afternoon and was trucked only one hour away to the Toledo, Ohio rail station, the information on the new location of where my car is now located should've updated already by now. But nothing yet. Does it take a few days for the update to happen on the Dodge computer system when a car leaves Conner Yard in Detroit to be trucked only one hour away to the Toledo, Ohio rail station? With all of todays computer technology and capabilities, you would think that Dodge can track the location of their vehicles during each of their leg movements. Especially when the vehicle is on its last leg and on the way to the rail yard to be put on a rail car to be shipped to its final destination.

Has anyone else in here that's ordered their Challenger during the middle or during the end of March like I did get their car delivered to them yet? Or is your Challenger still sitting at Conner Yard in Detroit or at the Toledo, Ohio rail station? What's the progress of your shipping status so far on your newly ordered Challenger Scat Pack and Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body?

Last edited by Scatpacksam; 05-18-2019 at 10:46 PM.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Unread 05-19-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you!
I'm very excited and I'm looking forward to get my Wide Body Scat Pack. It's been a long wait. My car finally left from Conner Yard in Detroit, Michigan on Thursday, May 16th in the early afternoon. However, Dodge Customer Service says that it doesn't know where it's headed other than saying that it's on its way to the dealer. The dealer told me that the next leg that the car will go through is to be trucked from Conner Yard in Detroit, Michigan to the Toledo, Ohio rail station where it will be put on a rail car to be shipped to my local and final rail destination here in my area. Then it will be taken off the rail car and put on a car carrier and head to my dealership where I will pick it up.

There haven't been any updates on the new current location of my car yet since it left from Conner Yard in Detroit, Michigan on Thursday. I did some research and I found out that Conner Yard in Detroit is located only 1 hour away from Toledo, Ohio where the rail station is located. I would think that if the vehicle left from Conner Yard in Detroit in the early afternoon on Thursday, May 16th, that it would arrive at the Toledo, Ohio rail station in an hour or two on the same day and that it's sitting parked somewhere in the rail yard right now waiting to be put on the train to be shipped out. However, there's no update or any information confirming that my car is at the rail station in Toledo. How long does it take for the location information for a car to update on the Dodge computer system? Why is there 3 days of silence since Thursday since my car was moved out of Conner Yard in Detroit? Thursday passed, Friday passed, Saturday passed and now Sunday is going to pass. No update on my car's current location yet. If the vehicle left Conner Yard in Detroit on Thursday during the early afternoon and was trucked only one hour away to the Toledo, Ohio rail station, the information on the new location of where my car is now located should've updated already by now. But nothing yet. Does it take a few days for the update to happen on the Dodge computer system when a car leaves Conner Yard in Detroit to be trucked only one hour away to the Toledo, Ohio rail station? With all of todays computer technology and capabilities, you would think that Dodge can track the location of their vehicles during each of their leg movements. Especially when the vehicle is on its last leg and on the way to the rail yard to be put on a rail car to be shipped to its final destination.

Has anyone else in here that's ordered their Challenger during the middle or during the end of March like I did get their car delivered to them yet? Or is your Challenger still sitting at Conner Yard in Detroit or at the Toledo, Ohio rail station? What's the progress of your shipping status so far on your newly ordered Challenger Scat Pack and Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body?
Haha. If there’s anything I learned from the camaro forums it’s that ordering a car takes forever and shipping is the worst part. There’s a whole thread over there where a GM dealer updates everyone’s statuses and it will be the same status for days, even weeks. Plus the rail shortage, https://www.arifleet.com/resources/r...livery-delays/

Just be patient, you probably won’t get much info and thinking about it will only make you mad. Lol
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Unread 05-19-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
How long does it take for the location information for a car to update on the Dodge computer system? Why is there 3 days of silence since Thursday since my car was moved out of Conner Yard in Detroit? Thursday passed, Friday passed, Saturday passed and now Sunday is going to pass. No update on my car's current location yet.
Okay, let's say that Dodge would provide you with up to the minute tracking of your car, and you find out that it is sitting in a yard waiting for transport.
What would you do about it???

Quote:
Just be patient, you probably won’t get much info and thinking about it will only make you mad. Lol
BINGO!!!

By the way, I'm sure it wasn't intentional, Cominfromcamaro, but I really like the term "wife body". A car with hips.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Unread 05-19-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:

And annoy us with their long winded complaints.

It's a car being built. It will get to you when it gets there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stitches1974 For This Useful Post:
Cominfromcamaro (05-19-2019), Jimmy N. (05-19-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in