2016 Time Capsule - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
The Garage: For OTHER car talk Want to hang out and talk about other cars & car stuff? This is the place to do it!. Come on in and kick some tires... **ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2016 Time Capsule

I drive by this place 2-3 times a week and I thought I'd create a thread about it. I live in Sonora, Ca. in the Sierra Nevada foothills also known as the Gold Country. About three years ago a new CDJR dealer opened. As a fledgling dealership, I wasn't sure how good it would be. About a year after it opened, it abruptly closed down. A story in the paper said it had fallen into bankruptcy.

Well, to drive by today it is like a time capsule for some brand new 2016 Dodge, Jeeps, and Rams. Shortly after it closed, a drunk driver lost control of his vehicle late at night and center punched a Ram 1500. As you can see in the picture, there it still sits.

This dealership also has two brand new Hellcats sitting just rotting away. One is a black A8 car and the other is a Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl 6 Speed. It is killing me to see them just sitting there... I have no idea what the disposition of all this inventory will be, but I would make a play for the Red one if the price was adjusted to be realistic for its age. I know, I know... buying a new car 3 model years old soon is silly, but I still dream about it. Well, thought I'd share this unique situation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4693.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	919562   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4694.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	919570   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4695.jpg
Views:	5963
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	919578   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4697.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	919586  

Mike
(Fyrdude)

2015 SRT 392 6 speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to fyrdude For This Useful Post:
hemi4us (05-27-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 04:11 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That is a shame for sure. Looks like a nice facility.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 04:18 PM

wow! can't believe the cars are still there, and even more surprised the Hellcats haven't been poached yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2017 granite pearl coat SRT Challenger, Barton shifter with Lou's short stick and Speed Dawg knob, UPR catch can, hellcat lower air box, Eibach Pro Kit springs, MRR M392 wheels w 275/40 and 315/35 Nitto G2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Heisenberg’s new hide out, don’t go snooping around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Coldsteel For This Useful Post:
silver scat (06-05-2018)
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 06:47 PM

Garage
Here's an interesting story filled with some info about what happened at that dealership. Sounds really strange...something really weird must have gone on with that dealership.

They've also got a Facebook page that is kind of like a time capsule too. Has a video of that black Hellcat with a salesman describing it's special features.

------------------------------------------//----

"There goes the Challenger being chased by the blue, blue meanies on wheels." - Vanishing Point (1971)

Last edited by XLRRR8; 06-05-2018 at 07:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to XLRRR8 For This Useful Post:
scott0 (06-05-2018)
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 07:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
The dealership I got my 16 from a year or so ago has a bunch of 16s. They keep they getting them. But that is just sad.
Must be tied up in Court or something...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Challenger Scat Pack, Billet Silver, A-8, Katzkin leather, Heated Vented seats W/ Heated Wheel, Convenience pkg., Harmon Kardon, WRT wheels, Nav. tinted windows, Modern R/T hood emblem, Tail band, Sunroof, UPR catch can.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLRRR8 View Post
Here's an interesting story filled with some info about what happened at that dealership. Sounds really strange...something really weird must have gone on with that dealership.

They've also got a Facebook page that is kind of like a time capsule too. Has a video of that black Hellcat with a salesman describing it's special features.

------------------------------------------//----
My internal chronometer is off. Feels like a year but the Ram was hit 9 months ago. I’m sure all the assets are tied up in a legal quagmire and eventually will be liquidated through an auction company or similar. Sad to see them rotting. I went in there not long before it closed in 2017 to see if they were motivated to sell. They were offering $1000 off MSRP for a car sitting on the lot for around a year and a model year old. No thanks......
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,781 Times in 2,860 Posts
Garage
That's just wrong...

A Guy

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,762 Times in 1,890 Posts
Garage
Very unusual situation. According to the article, there are dozens of unclaimed and unsold cars on the lot and the dealership claims that it is "doing some restructuring."

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 04:55 AM

Funny how banks, who often hold the "keys," seem to be in no big hurry to sell or liquidate or even repair. They do the same thing with houses. I've seen homes/mobile homes just sit and rot for years. Just one specific example was a house next door with roof damage from a hurricane that could have been fixed easily, but there is sat FOREVER it seemed until water damage, bugs, mold and mildew infested the whole house. The bank finally unloaded it to a flipper who did some quickie repairs (I watched this cover it up/paint it up excuse for home repair) and sold it. Now the new homeowner has a nightmare (nice guy, sad situation) on his hands. What a shame.

I know this is comparing apples to oranges, but isn't it sad? If the public was allowed to make a reasonable offer, the owner wouldn't have to take such a huge loss. But NO, valuable things have to sit and rot and are eventually "given away" at some liquidation sale for pennies on the dollar. Sad indeed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > The Garage: For OTHER car talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode