In the Dark - Bob Bondurant Racing School Closure - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Road Course / Autocross This is the place to post road course and autocross stories and event info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation In the Dark - Bob Bondurant Racing School Closure

Hey all,

Is anyone else in the dark about their Bob Bondurant driving class? A few months ago I signed my wife and I up for the Fiat Trackside experience on December 21st. After I learned of the school closure I tried reaching out to the school using the email/contact information provided, but I haven't received any responses. I have heard different things from different sources whether the school is closed temporarily or for good... has anyone else received any communication from the school? Any luck obtaining a refund?

Definitely looking for help on this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Call the SRT helpline directly if your using the $1000 dollar voucher. There is a big thread on the issue at Hellcat.org.

Latest is that they are back open.

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/bond...-again.220681/

2015 SRT 392 A8, Granite, Sepia, Totaled 8/9/17
2016 SRT 392 A8, Go Mango w/Satin Black Hellcat Hood and Mopar TA CAI, Tech package, Napa, Sunroof, Scott Drake Black billet fuel door, KW Adjustable Springs, BWoody Sway Bar End Links, Scott Drake Front Shock Tower Brace, Billet Tech Catch Can, Downforce Solutions Front Splitter and Wickerbill, Akrapovic CF Exhaust Tips, Xpel 20% tint.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post
Call the SRT helpline directly if your using the $1000 dollar voucher. There is a big thread on the issue at Hellcat.org.

Latest is that they are back open.

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/bond...-again.220681/
Thank you for the information!! I went ahead and shot Danny an email.

Glad to hear their doors have reopened - hopefully they will be able to get their finances in order and continue to operate in the long term.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 01:00 PM

Thanked 3,743 Times in 2,815 Posts
Don't know if all the classes are running and think about the insurance if you go, somebody put a Hellcat in the tire barrier the last day they were open and all the $$$ damage is on you if you crack one up. Another guy said he turned a car down because of worn tires. These cars need constant maintenance and mechanical checks so they need to have everybody back. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 03:19 PM

I read where someone on the inside said Bondurant's wife had 51% controlling interest in the company and trashed it out of spite in a divorce. Just passing on what I read but makes some sense.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 06:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiHiHemi View Post
I read where someone on the inside said Bondurant's wife had 51% controlling interest in the company and trashed it out of spite in a divorce. Just passing on what I read but makes some sense.

That sounds about right... women, can't live with 'em... can't shoot 'em.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 R/T Classic 6M; STP; Barton Shifter; CDV delete; Skip Shift Eliminator; Blastin' Bobs' axle back Magnaflow resonators; DiabloSport i2 tuner w/Hemifever custom tune; Mopar hood pins; Petty's Garage front strut brace; Tungsten Metallic Clear Coat.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
Don't know if all the classes are running and think about the insurance if you go, somebody put a Hellcat in the tire barrier the last day they were open and all the $$$ damage is on you if you crack one up. Another guy said he turned a car down because of worn tires. These cars need constant maintenance and mechanical checks so they need to have everybody back. Good luck.
Wow!! I did get the insurance - wasn’t even aware that it was optional. I’ll make sure to check the tires prior to getting in the car.

Thanks!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 05:06 AM

Thanked 3,743 Times in 2,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaglowskip View Post
Wow!! I did get the insurance - wasn’t even aware that it was optional. I’ll make sure to check the tires prior to getting in the car.

Thanks!!
Even with the insurance the deductible is $8,000 so be careful!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:11 PM

Great if the school survived and employees returned. After reading that article from The Drive, I hope those accusations said about her (Pat) aren't true. But then again she looks like a fake raggity pile of shit who thinks she own's the world! I'd bet my HellCat she's guilty of those accusations. She and her trust-funded babies took ol Bob to the cleaners. Poor Bob..........

"Honor The Dead & Fight Like Hell For The Living"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Road Course / Autocross

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode