The 9th annual Mt St Helens cruise "Mopars on the Mountain" will be August 8th, 2015 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,141 Times in 793 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
The 9th annual Mt St Helens cruise "Mopars on the Mountain" will be August 8th, 2015

Mark your calendars, PDX Mopar Muscle will be hosting the 2015 Edition of Mopars on the Mountain. Lets see if we can beat the 74 car total from 2014. I am sure we will, so far I have about 145 signed up on the Facebook page!

This is the annual cruise of Mopars up Mt St Helens. Open to all Modern and Classic Mopars.
- 10:00am: Meet at the overflow parking lot for the Shell Gas station just off Exit 49 of I-5 (near Castlerock, WA)
- 10:30am: Roll out as a convoy for the fantastic drive through the twists and turns up Hwy 504 nonstop to the top. The time for "spirited driving" will be on your return trip.
- 11:30am: (ish) Arrive at Johnston Ridge. Stay as long as you wish here then drive solo or in groups back down after lunch.
- 12:00/1pm: The Johnston Ridge parking lot WILL be the official lunch spot! There is a Subway directly across the street, to the north, that will have their full menu available! They have been notified there may be extra business at 10 am for them. Or, bring a lunch and some chairs and small tables for the luncheon in the lot.
** Beware while speeding, ya never know where Police/Hwy Patrol/Park Patrols will be lurking.
** Last year, there was a lot of bicyclists on the road so be careful.
** Walkie Talkies are set to Channel 3.33 (Actual Frequency is 462.61250 / Sub Audio C-210.7). Cell phone reception is poor/non existent up top.
** While at the top, parking is free, entrance to the Visitor Center is $8 per adult. Fantastic views of Mt St Helens here.
** Bring water and food; there is food available at the Visitors Centers but it's not for everyone. Some folks buy their munchies at the Shell station/Quickie Mart prior to rolling out.
** If you want to try some hiking, bring appropriate attire and let someone know where you're going.

https://www.facebook.com/events/8202...oming&source=1

RWL11
PDX, OR
2016 R/T Scat Pack, A8
Belle II

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drake All-Satin Fuel Door with Billet Tech Fuel Door Insert, EZ Pull Trunk Straps, Razor's Edge Front Strut Bar, Mopar Bright Pedal kit, Splash Guards, Door Sills, WP3 wheels & Hellcat Airbox with aFe Power Dynamic Air Tube and Merrick Motors Torred inserts. Tint & Clear Bra by Tommy's. DD XML2 Fogs. Billet Tech Engine Bay Dress Up Kit. Hurst Quad Tips. Silver Leaf Stripes by Mitch Kim.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"there are many like it - but this one is mine"

Last edited by RWL11; 10-03-2015 at 01:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RWL11 For This Useful Post:
RoadTrippin' (01-21-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 06:13 PM

Hopefully I'll get a couple of the Dakota R/T folks together for this one. If I make it, I'll most likely be driving my Dakota R/T instead of the challenger.
The Following User Says Thank You to x_HAWAII RT For This Useful Post:
RWL11 (01-26-2015)
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I just checked the official FB page, and we already have over 70 cars signed up! We will easily hit 100+ when the date arrives. Don't miss it! Mopar trucks are of course invited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWL11 View Post
Mopar trucks are of course invited.

Cool. I'll see if we can get some folks together.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 08:09 PM

I am going to try and make this although I am from Kennewick. I have been up to JR before. I prefer the east side going toWindy Ridge Observatory (blastzone) and ride the Harley there once a year too.

I was actually around Rimrock Lake the day of the eruption and with no communications (this was 1980) we actually thought we were close to a nuclear blast. We did not get off of White pass until the following day.

I wrote and performed this song about the blast.

2015 SRT
- 2015 STX Plus B5 - 2014 Durango Citadel - 2014 Dart GT - 2014 Harley FLHTK
The Following User Says Thank You to surfnorthwest For This Useful Post:
RWL11 (02-19-2015)
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 08:21 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
This year I AM THERE!!!!

*1 of 312 Stinger Yellow RT's!
Trinity tuned, 392 Front spoiler, G5 Style rear spoiler, black hood, "392" style 345 on hood with HEMI emblem, HURST Comp shift kit (A5) w/ HURST T-handle, Diablo Sport Billet Catch, "smooth" intake tube, "392" half covers, Fog light turn signal retro conversion, Webelectric Sequentials, ZOOMERS Exhaust, BT engine goodies, MOPAR Stage 1's, Bilstein Pursuit Package
DAILY DRIVEN

*CUSTOM 1 off HOK Sunset Pearl 2003 Dodge Viper COUPE
The Following User Says Thank You to StingerRT/C For This Useful Post:
RWL11 (02-19-2015)
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_HAWAII RT View Post
Cool. I'll see if we can get some folks together.
There were about 4 SRT Jeep Cherokees last year. Those are some badass rigs! We look forward to checking out whatever ride you choose to bring.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
From 2014, Here's a link to a video of the first batch of cars cruising up:
http://youtu.be/my1o6MdC5NM

Some regular cars somehow broke into our lineup, which is why the video ended early.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnorthwest View Post
I am going to try and make this although I am from Kennewick. I have been up to JR before. I prefer the east side going toWindy Ridge Observatory (blastzone) and ride the Harley there once a year too.

I was actually around Rimrock Lake the day of the eruption and with no communications (this was 1980) we actually thought we were close to a nuclear blast. We did not get off of White pass until the following day.

I wrote and performed this song about the blast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHDk4hhK958
Windy Ridge Observatory: is it paved roads to get up there? Do you have a route saved somewhere? I thought it was all gravel Forest Service roads in that area.

Make a weekend trip out of it. Drive in Friday afternoon, hang out with us Friday night in PDX and join in the fun Saturday!
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWL11 View Post
Windy Ridge Observatory: is it paved roads to get up there? Do you have a route saved somewhere? I thought it was all gravel Forest Service roads in that area.

Make a weekend trip out of it. Drive in Friday afternoon, hang out with us Friday night in PDX and join in the fun Saturday!
Will try to make it, sound like a blast. The trip to Windy Ridge IMO is the best place to view St Helens, you are ground zero in the blast zone. Still a lot of the burned up cars there. It is paved all the way to the parking lot at Windy Ridge, anything south will turn to gravel.

When we go with the Harleys we meet up in Randle WA. From there go south on 131 until you hit NF99. There are some killer scenic spots along the way and a rest area. (map 1).

From Castle Rock it is also easy (map 2) just head up I5 to White Pass, head east to Randle and stop for lunch there or at Riffe Lake. 131 down to 99. The road is good.

Seeing a line of MOPARs going up I-5 and on White Pass would be bad ass. Randle is a cool little town and a great place for some good pics. Here is an itinerary of stops to make along the way.

http://www.whitepassbyway.com/roadtr...ridgeloop.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	windy ridge.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	379570   Click image for larger version

Name:	windy ridge2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	379578   Click image for larger version

Name:	5422626-Windy_Ridge_Map_Detail-0.jpg
Views:	1520
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	379594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mt._Saint_Helens_From_Windy_Ridge_Viewpoint.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	440.0 KB
ID:	379602  

Last edited by surfnorthwest; 02-19-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode