Alaska...Its Been Awhile - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 08:36 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Beauty! Love PCP with those wheels.

100th Anniversary Challenger R/T - Hemi/6MT - High Octane Red
Gone but not forgotten

If you like cars, trucks, or quads, check out my writing:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- 80K views and counting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 01:48 AM

Took it to Palmer tonight. Ran a ET 13.4283 @ 103.51 MPH.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AlaskaFE
The Following User Says Thank You to akfe For This Useful Post:
907Charger (09-16-2014)
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 09:21 AM
SKi
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Just moved to AK, Anchorage to be exact. Anyone in the area at all? Looking to see if there is a community already. I hear there are races in Palmer. Looking for some action before the winter sets...

We have a club! Rhineland-Pfalz Challenger Car Club
Check us out!

Stock PCP SRT. That's it. (Well, not anymore...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKi View Post
Just moved to AK, Anchorage to be exact. Anyone in the area at all? Looking to see if there is a community already. I hear there are races in Palmer. Looking for some action before the winter sets...
Welcome to Alaska! I also live in the Anchorage area and own a 2014 R/T Classic. There are several car clubs in the area, but none (that I am aware of) specifically devoted to Challengers. Midnight Sun is one of the more prominent clubs in the area, and is open to vehicles of current and past generations. Car show season is somewhat limited here because of the weather, and most have already concluded their season's schedule of events. Palmer has a 1/4 mile drag strip, Alaska Raceway Park, however it's also closed for the season. Below is a link to the car clubs in the area:

Alaska Classic Car & Truck Clubs

2014 R/T Classic, STP, Anti-spin, A5, SGII, 730N, CII wheels

`70 "Challenger" & "R/T" grille badges / `70 Scat Pack qtr window bees / `70 fender Pentastar / Mopar SS pedal kit / amber fog lamp lenses / Hurst Comp Stick shifter kit w/ custom Hurst knob / "DODGE" hood letters / 392 front spoiler / Mopar chrome split exhaust tips / custom "345 HEMI" hood badges / Mopar strut tower brace / custom stripes / Mopar SP Stage 1 PCM / Mopar CAI / Mopar Stg 1 springs / Hellcat spoiler / Mopar hood pins
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 11:39 AM
SKi
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom372 View Post
Welcome to Alaska! I also live in the Anchorage ... Below is a link to the car clubs in the area:

Alaska Classic Car & Truck Clubs
Hey Phantom372. Thanks a ton for the reply. I thought I responded to this a while ago. I checked out the links - it's gotten me pretty stoked for next season. Hope to see you out there!
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 10:34 PM

Garage
Talking

Come on Alaska, we can do better this this for the Regional Forum. I'm starting a club for us 49's. Who's in? Bring it!!

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 05:22 PM
SKi
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
You're the guy I have been looking for Stomper! I was going to do a huge push earlier this year to try and stir up interest, and try to find some folks to run a club, but work got in the way. I was president of RPC3 in Europe and was looking to start AKC3 here (C3 for Charger, Challenger, Chrysler 300, but really any variant of the LC/LS chassis.) Anyway, like I said, time and work got in the way.

I'd love to be your behind the scenes guy and take care of the website and some social stuff. There are just too many sweet ass rides floating around here and the scenery is just too beautiful to not take advantage of some wicked 30 car cruises!
The Following User Says Thank You to SKi For This Useful Post:
Stomper 74 (10-27-2016)
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 12:20 AM

Garage
Hello SKi, I'm so glad you responded! Great minds do think alike and we definitely need to work together to get this adventure going in Alaska. I checked out the RPC3 site and it appears we have similar backgrounds. I'm a former president of a very active car club in Missouri and I’d love to unify the Anchorage/MatSu Dodge modern muscle car community. I’m glad to hear you have a background as a webmaster and social media stuff which are my weak points. I'm super excited to see this club take flight. Let’s meet up for a chat. I live in the Valley but travel to Anchorage for the daily commute and weekends tend to work best for me. How about you?
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 09:46 AM

Garage
Time to reignite this-

So, I’m a bit west of Alaska right now, but will be back that way again in an unmentioned number of months. Trying to see who’s around, and who wants to help spirit guide the new dude into showing up in Palmer for (hopefully) sometime in the coming drag season.

What say you? Wanna help a new dude run his first quarter?
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 08:19 PM

There are a couple of active mopar groups. There is Alaska SRT (you have to have any kind/year SRT) to join but at the track I would say anyone is welcome to hang out. There is also Great State Challengers another mopar group. They are a bit less track active but everyone is welcoming. The first day of drag racing is mothers day assuming weather cooperates. Test and tune is at least twice a month on Wednesday evenings. Racing is most weekends and an occasional Friday evening. You have to have a snell and dot approved helmet (I think 2005 or later but not sure). Long sleeve shirt, long pants and shoes/boots. The car does have to pass tech each day. The last day of drag racing is labor day. I would be happy to help if I can.

2012 SRT automatic, PB 12.0490 with MT drag radials and trinity 93 octane tune.
PB [email protected], Magnuson supercharger 5.5psi, forged piston/rods, Hellcat injectors, 10/1 compression, tuned for 90 octane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode