Seattle to Vegas...Safe Haven? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Seattle to Vegas...Safe Haven?

I'm driving to Vegas...first visit to Los Vegas. I want to drive my R/T, but I'm a bit cautious about parking. A simple door ding would ruin my trip...yup, one of those guys.
Not sure what hotel the Mrs. has planned yet, but I'm am curious about safety and respectful parking.

Is there better places to be more than not? Are there private, professional parking places? Or should we take her car...

Tony

Tony
2010 R/T Classic
6 speed mixer
B-5 Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 03:14 PM

I live here and valet park whenever I go down to the strip. I've never had an issue. I'm the same as you when it comes to dings.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 03:16 PM

Take her car if you are ocd with the Challenger. The only place I would park is on the top level with my car cover on in an area that is protected as much as possible from the wind. No one wants to park uncovered in lv so the roof area is usually clear. Good luck...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 08:08 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
whats the difference between a door ding in vegas as opposed to the grocery store? If you got the car, dont be afraid to drive it.

Scat Pack... the most cost effective way to earn speeding tickets
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 08:22 AM

Perform a thorough detailing of your RT and park it in your garage. Then call Enterprise and rent a Chevy Cruz that gets nearly 40 mpg highway. Eat Taco bell and chili dogs the entire trip and put on what I would imagine will be a thousand miles or so. Return the Chevy Cruz to Enterprise and go home and hug your Challenger. Then take it for a relaxing drive. Challenger safe. Door ding problem solved.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 09:20 AM

Ha Ha

Im one of those guys too (try dealing with a NYC parking garage!) but I wouldn't let it stop me from taking my car on a road trip. Im assuming thats half the reason you got it.

Take the standard precautions and use your judgment about where to park. Im sure itll be fine.

Last edited by SnakeBT6; 07-29-2015 at 09:21 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 09:27 AM

Garage
If you spend your time in Vegas worrying about your car, you will never relax and enjoy yourself. Get cheap airline tickets, rent a car and have a wonderful vacation! (by the way, I travel a lot, and my experience with valet around the country has been brutal!)

BlueBelle
Purchased July 18, 2015
SRT 392, B5, 6M, Black Laguna leather, Sunroof, Technology Group, Navigation, P Zero Summer Tires
Barton Shifter, B5 blue lettering on both black lever and white knob.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Save
Save
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,138 Times in 790 Posts
Garage
Come on, drive that baby down! When you valet it, pull the guy aside and let him know what you expect: zero dings, park it in a safe spot, slip him a $20. Tell him there will be another tip when you leave, providing it is ding free. It worked for me when I drove down to Hot August Nights in Reno!

Your car was made to be driven, so have fun, enjoy that great car as you blast down I-5, be sure to beep as you pass thru PDX, I'll be looking for you!

P.S. You should attend this event next weekend, 145 cars going so far: https://www.challengertalk.com/forums...2015-a-315706/

RWL11
PDX, OR
2016 R/T Scat Pack, A8
Belle II

Drake All-Satin Fuel Door with Billet Tech Fuel Door Insert, EZ Pull Trunk Straps, Razor's Edge Front Strut Bar, Mopar Bright Pedal kit, Splash Guards, Door Sills, WP3 wheels & Hellcat Airbox with aFe Power Dynamic Air Tube and Merrick Motors Torred inserts. Tint & Clear Bra by Tommy's. DD XML2 Fogs. Billet Tech Engine Bay Dress Up Kit. Hurst Quad Tips. Silver Leaf Stripes by Mitch Kim.
"there are many like it - but this one is mine"

Last edited by RWL11; 07-30-2015 at 01:42 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you all for the input. I do love to drive my car, it's my weekend warrior...

RWL11, I've done the St. Helens run before a couple years ago. Two other guys and myself broke free of the pack and torn the mountain up! It was a blast. We were slightly chastised on the forum later that week. Unfortunately I do not have the patience to stop and chat for an hour at every poker stop... I will be looking for the post of the event pics though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode