Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Mod Friendly Dealers in DFW?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Nuke 
#1 ·
Was curious if there is a list or if anyone knows mod friendly dealers in the DFW area? I just bought a 2015 R/T and will be doing some basic stuff to it while its under warranty but dont want the hassles of a dealer giving me grief.

As an FYI I am only looking at the following.

Resonator deletes
CAI
Catch Can

For now... :)

Thanks again in advance!

#2 ·
Depending on how far away you are from Lewisville/Denton area, I would say check out Classic Dodge of Denton.

They aren't actually in Denton, they are south of it on the I-35 service road between there and Lewisville. If you're familiar with the area, picture the Corinth exits and that's it.

I had my 2011 in that service shop many times, mostly for voluntary things like recommended maintenance and such. And of course I went there for the litany of recalls Dodge put out back then.

During one recall fix, they even saw that I had a non-stock tune installed in the ECU, but other than making note of it for future visits so no one overwrites it with stock tune, they didn't give me any static.

I know a couple of the techs had to know I had a Tranzformer installed on it, but they never said anything about it. And any tech that heard it idling could tell that I had removed the resonators and stock mufflers in favor of an aftermarket muffler and straight pipes the rest of the way. No grief about it though.

I even had a homemade catch can rigged up and mounted on the firewall, which they would have had to be blind to miss. But no one ever said anything about it.

And it wasn't just because nothing ever broke on the car either. I did actually have to have a cylinder head replaced because a valve guide burned up. I figured they would at least hassle me about the hotter tune and deny replacing the head under warranty, but not a word. They replaced the head and sent me on my way.

I never had any issues or problems with that service shop, I would recommend them to anyone that is looking for a mopar service shop in DFW, mods or no mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.