Opinion needed from the DFW members - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Mid-South Texas, Oklahoma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Opinion needed from the DFW members

I have just recently relocated back to DFW area. This will be my 3rd time living here, so I am not foreign to the traffic issues. However, this time I am in the Keller area and NOT in the North Dallas/Plano/Frisco mess for a change.

With this said, I am currently looking at New and Used Chally's and was wondering the following: Would I be totally miserable and regret a 6MT living here instead of the 8A?

One caveat, I am not totally married to needing a 2015 + for the redesigned interior. It is very nice, but part of me likes the simpler interior of the earlier cars. But in the earlier cars I have not heard great things about the 5 speed auto, so I would be inclined to get a manual in those, but would prefer the 8A in the newer ones.

Another potential pitfall, I do not have a job yet as the wife's job prompted the move back down here, so I am not sure where the work commute will take me when the time comes. If I get something lined up in the Alliance Freeway / Grapevine area, the manual may not be a big deal. But if I end up working back in Plano, then that might an issue.

So I am just looking for opinions and the potential pain-in-the-ass factor if I go the manual route.

Thanks,
Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 02:38 PM

Garage
I love my 6m, but live in the country. if it was me I would get a 6m and a beater to drive to work. cant imagine driving an auto all the time. hope all works out for you.

13 rtc hemi orange 6m, eibach pro system, pg front and rear tower braces, rem rear control arms, trailing arms, spc adjustable front control arms, jba shorties with catless mids, flowmaster cat back. morosso occ, 345 half covers, Barton shifter with Mopar short throw handle, 87mm tb, ****fever 93 tune, home made fender pull ai, 392 chin spoiler, mopar splash guards. dr 37 wheels 20x8.5 and 20x10 245f 275r.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 03:48 PM

Tough call. I live in Flower Mound and commute to Irving daily for work, and the traffic is a *****. If I get a Challenger, I WANT the 6M, but I know it will be a PITA as a daily driver here. The traffic here really blows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 04:51 PM

Garage
I hear you on traffic keep us posted my mother in law lives in flower mound
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 05:25 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I live in Southlake and drive to Las Colinas daily. While I would love to have a M6, the A8 is very livable for your daily driver.

Even 1709 is a beeotch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bill Schroeder
2015 Scat Pack Shaker
Texas Proud!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 10:35 AM

I drive my M6 up and down 35 everyday. It can be a pain sometimes, but the fun outweighs it by far.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 04:00 PM

I live in Frisco and work in Irving. I have a 6m and it's my daily driver, even on the ice days. Cammed and all I wouldn't have an auto.

2012 Blue Streak Pearl R/T Plus, 6 speed, Super Track Pack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 04:23 PM

I would get the manual if your knees can take it.

Me, I'm 57, and my knees are fair, but after two hours on a tractor, and how they feel, I decided on the auto.

The 8 speed is really cool with the paddle shifters. I'm still working on a hole shot where I can hit second before the rev limiter hits. It's all fun!

2016 Hellcat, A8, Pitch Black
2016 R/T Scat Pack, A8, Pitch Black, Mopar front and rear strut braces, Petty subframe connectors, Mopar splash guards, Moroso catch can, K&N 63 Series AirCharger High-Flow Intake Kit....... Sold
2015 Charger R/T A8, except for splash guards, she won't let me touch it....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Go auto as its best in both street and strip in this day and age.

No offense to you manual diehards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > Mid-South

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode