We Are Mopar - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Mid-South Texas, Oklahoma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
We Are Mopar

Saw this event August 5 at the Texas Motor Speedway. Come on out and represent our Mopar beauties.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170324-233528_1490416627046.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	786289  
The Following User Says Thank You to zapplin4 For This Useful Post:
Nuke (03-26-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Yep I am going see ya there and I got the 3 laps around the track too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
Mods: Cervini's Auto Design RAM AIR KIT,DiabloSport Catch Can,BT Hoses,SRT Hood Struts,Sequential turn signals,Drake Fuel Door Assy/Black,Magnaflow Exhaust,3GCustomz Half covers,BT custom door sills
What Next: MHT wheels nitrous Black 18x8.5 inthe front & 20x10.5 in the back. 392 Chin spoiler,
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 06:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler249 View Post
Yep I am going see ya there and I got the 3 laps around the track too
Same. Only bringing one though. The wife didnt want to drive hers that far.

REGonz

@QueenBeeScatPack (Instagram)
Check out my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Channel
'16 Scat Pack, Jazz Blue (Queen Bee)
Speedlogix Catch Can
HC Airbox
HC Hood

'15 SXT, Jazz Blue - Wife's
Flowmaster Exhaust
HC Airbox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 07:08 PM

Garage
I'll be there for sure. I'm part of DFWLX

2017 RT Blacktop Green Go: SRT catback, no mufflers, K&N Intake, Hellcat eye mod, SRT chin spoiler

2017 R/T Blacktop Green Go - Custom Hemifever Tune, SRT catback, muffler delete, Hellcat Airbox, AFE intake inlet, Hellcat eye mod, Charger intake tube, H&R Springs
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,338 Times in 971 Posts
Garage
Arrow

I have been discussing the possibility of attending this event with another member on CT, and while I would love to go, I could not say for sure if I would be attending due to a lack of info about the event and everything surrounding it. I saw that there is a Facebook page that might have solved all my problems, but I honestly detest using FB and wanted to exhaust all other options on finding the info I needed before submitting to FB and allowing it to invade and infest my online existence.

And while it was touch and go there for a while, I did finally get lucky and find what I needed, and all without ever having to create an account in FB and log in. HOORAY!!!

Now, for anyone else out there in the same boat as I just was - in need of more information/details/etc. so they can decide whether or not they can make it happen, here you go:

http://www.wearemoparshow.com/

regards,
nuke

P.S. If I do end up attending, I fully expect anyone that benefited from this post to find me and buy me a beer and/or a BBQ sandwich to show their appreciation!

2012 Charger R/T with Pursuit pkg. (2018 - ?)
-- The Bacon Hauler
------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Challenger Rallye Redline (2015 - 2018)
2011 Challenger Toxic Orange SE (2011 - 2014)
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 11:48 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
There are over 1,000 cars entered, it's sure to be a huge event. I'd go if it were later in the fall like the Gas Monkey show was. An outdoor event, in Texas, in August no longer sounds like a fun time to me. It'll be over 100 degrees out there.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajunz View Post
There are over 1,000 cars entered, it's sure to be a huge event. I'd go if it were later in the fall like the Gas Monkey show was. An outdoor event, in Texas, in August no longer sounds like a fun time to me. It'll be over 100 degrees out there.
Yeah, the sun/heat thing is going to be a bear, especially for someone like me who can catch a sunburn at night if there's a full moon out.

But, I've been lamenting the lack of any such events around here for years now, so I better at least try to make this one or all my complaints will amount to nothing but whining after this. :big mouth:
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 02:47 PM

51 of us Colorado Challenger Club members are driving down together. Should be a pretty impressive site on the roads but talk about herding cats We're also doing a side trip to the Hemi Hideout in Katy and maybe a 51 Challenger stop at Gas Monkey Bar & Grill for lunch. Should be a blast! Hope the weather is good.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 03:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiHiHemi View Post
51 of us Colorado Challenger Club members are driving down together. Should be a pretty impressive site on the roads but talk about herding cats We're also doing a side trip to the Hemi Hideout in Katy and maybe a 51 Challenger stop at Gas Monkey Bar & Grill for lunch. Should be a blast! Hope the weather is good.
Living in a state that experiences all 4 seasons (or let's just say more than 2, which is all we get here), I am concerned your definition of "good weather" isn't going to apply here.

It won't be raining or otherwise precipitating in any way on that day, I can guarantee that. In fact, it is very likely that the last time ANY precipitation fell in the area will have been at least 21 days prior. And there will likely be a little bit of a breeze blowing during the day, but it will be coming up from the south and bringing more humidity with it, thereby raising the already insufferable heat index even higher.

As a matter of fact, I would be very surprised if there weren't an active Heat Advisory for that day which basically declares "Danger: Old People and Children Should Stay In-doors During the Day!"

Oh yeah, and it will be sunny...very, very sunny. So sunny, that you might see small birds spontaneously combusting as they fly through air and then just laying dead on the ground where ever they hit.

If you're wondering how I can be so sure of the weather conditions on a day so far in advance, it's actually no secret - anyone can forecast the August weather in North Texas once they've lived through a few! It's always the same, unbearably hot and miserably humid. If there's any wind, it won't help cool you off. It will just feel like someone opened a blast furnace door next to your head and now they're cranking down on the bellows feeding it.

In short, will the weather be good? Sure, as long as you consider Hell a nice place to vacation! Well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration...it's not really like Hell here, but it's certainly Hell-adjacent!!

Nevertheless, if y'all do come down, I hope to get to meet everyone. I've been wanting to put some faces with the names on this forum for a long time now, but I have not really ever had the chance.

Nuke

P.S. Which part of CO are you in? I've got some family down in the southern part, and I used to go to the Springs for work every once in a while, and my personal mecca is up in Golden, so I do have a strange fondness for your fair state
The Following User Says Thank You to Nuke For This Useful Post:
toxicdodge11 (06-23-2017)
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 05:32 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	818
Size:	498.9 KB
ID:	820194LOL, I'm a little south of Denver in Parker. Was a rainy day for last years event so sunny and hot works for me, wife is from Phoenix and the SRT will be freshly detailed

Did you say face to a name?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > Mid-South

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode