Worth going to? 2019 LX & Beyond Nationals - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Mid-West Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Thanked 1,117 Times in 626 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Worth going to? 2019 LX & Beyond Nationals

I've heard about this event over the past few years, but have never gone. I've been trying to register for it on the website, but they haven't updated it since the 2018 event; the Eventbrite page defaults to the 2018 registration, saying it's closed.

The LX & Beyond FB page references the Hemifest page, which in turn simply states: "Stay tuned for information". Supposedly there is a "host hotel", but no information is posted, and it's only 3 months away.

Since the even is being held at the Summit Motorsports Park, I went to that venue's website; there they advertise an event the same weekend as the "7th Annual Monster Mopar Weekend". The registration is open for both the racing and the judged car show on Summit's website.

My concern is if I register through Summit, will that be recognized by the "LX & Beyond" organizers? My other concern is that the hotels in the area are filling up fast (due in large part to proximity to Cedar Point).

I've heard good things about this event, but I've also heard stories of disorganization and a lack of continuity between the event and the venue; my observations and concerns (above) seem to bear these out.

Is it worth going to as a participant? Any tips or suggestions from veteran participants?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Renny", a 2015 Scat Pack 392, 6M Pitch Black - Driver's Conv Opt; Tech Opt; Leather; SGII
Billet Technology engine bay pieces - Sponsor
Custom designed, George Barris inspired side pipes Hiflow Custom Exhaust - Sponsor
Katzkin Leather interior - Sponsor
NoWeeds Exhaust Diverters - Sponsor
Barton Flat Stick Short Shifter
Mopar Stage 1 Springs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 04:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to Turbobuckeye Send a message via Yahoo to Turbobuckeye Send a message via Skype™ to Turbobuckeye
I am the organizer for LX & Beyond Nationals and would be happy to answer your questions. Not sure where you are getting your info but no better source than the actual organizer. We open registration 3 months prior to the event which would be on Friday, April 26. Over the winter we negotiated an opportunity to bring the event to the best 1/4 mile racing surface in the State and looking forward to a 3-day weekend instead of only 2 in the past.

Last edited by Turbobuckeye; 04-24-2019 at 04:52 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turbobuckeye For This Useful Post:
70TA-09RT (06-14-2019), A Guy (04-24-2019)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:19 AM

Not worth it. I reserved a hotel for two nights last year and drove 150 miles only to find no event. He cancelled it without any notification. I checked his website prior to leaving. No indication.
I had gone to it twice over the past few years, but never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Challenger SRT

HemiDan
Eastern Ohio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:29 AM

Send a message via MSN to Turbobuckeye Send a message via Yahoo to Turbobuckeye Send a message via Skype™ to Turbobuckeye
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiDan View Post
Not worth it. I reserved a hotel for two nights last year and drove 150 miles only to find no event. He cancelled it without any notification. I checked his website prior to leaving. No indication.
I had gone to it twice over the past few years, but never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I recall correctly you did not pre-register so there was absolutely no way to notify you personally. It was cancelled days prior and updated on the website and all social media that it would be postponed. It rained non-stop from Friday-Sunday with no signs of stopping. Not sure why anyone would think that an event held completely outdoors was going to happen in those conditions. There are things we have no problem taking responsibility for but reading your mind and knowing you were attending without any registration is not one of them.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:34 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is this at National Trails or Norwalk?

2014 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker, Header Orange, #1128
Mods: 180 T-Stat, JBA Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, Ported 5.7L Intake Manifold, 87MM Throttle Body, Hemifever Tune, Resonator Delete, and Dynomax Race Bullets at mid-muffler.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdirtyjoexx View Post
Is this at National Trails or Norwalk?
Norwalk. We are running alongside HEMIFEST. July 26-28.
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbobuckeye For This Useful Post:
70TA-09RT (06-14-2019)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Garage
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I attended Monster Mopar/HemiFest last year at Summit it was well run and there were 2 shows going during the event. well organized and a great venue. LX and Beyond will be a good fit with this venue. IMHO

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I may keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride! - Amen!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > Mid-West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode