New Conti ExtremeContact Sports available in SoCal - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
California California

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:40 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunz View Post
Just had the tires installed on yesterday and what a difference. Even with cold tires I have more confidence than before while accelerating through each gear without fear of the rear breaking loose. Today it rained and yet again they impressed. One thing of note, by pulling on the bead, it seems the sidewall is softer on this tire versus the all season Pirelli. So without going through any canyons or looking like an idiot on surface streets and endangering others I can't comment on the response. I also noticed that this tire is a bit wider than the Pirelli of the same size.
Told ya, lol.

I didn't trust my RS-As at all, my car was tail happy even with Traction and Stability control on, and in rain I hydroplaned once and almost bit it into incoming traffic.

Changed them out with 2000 miles on 'em, never looked back.

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group

2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab
Bright White, A8+V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by praiseV8 View Post
Told ya, lol.

I didn't trust my RS-As at all, my car was tail happy even with Traction and Stability control on, and in rain I hydroplaned once and almost bit it into incoming traffic.

Respectfully, I'm not sure what you mean by "told ya". Most likely it is that you said you "highly recommend" them. Still, you had Goodyear 245s, I had Pirelli Zero Nero 275s. Doubtful that our previous tire experience was comparable especially that you replaced yours pretty early. I only know that I didn't care for the overall performance of my old tires, others likely have a differing opinion. I like the Contis now, but need more time with them. Hopefully you will report back with your own experience after say 10K or 20K miles to help forum members.

2015 Challenger SRT 392 6M Granite Crystal Metallic
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 03:28 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunz View Post
Quote:
Told ya, lol.

Respectfully, I'm not sure what you mean by "told ya". Most likely it is that you said you "highly recommend" them. Still, you had Goodyear 245s, I had Pirelli Zero Nero 275s. Doubtful that our previous tire experience was comparable especially that you replaced yours pretty early. I only know that I didn't care for the overall performance of my old tires, others likely have a differing opinion. I like the Contis now, but need more time with them. Hopefully you will report back with your own experience after say 10K or 20K miles to help forum members.
I've only put 3000 miles on my car since I bought it, so I guess I'll do that in 2 years or so, lol.

Also, not sure why you seem to have taken offense, of course I meant that I liked them, what else would I mean?

Last edited by praiseV8; 02-11-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I've only put 3000 miles on my car since I bought it, so I guess I'll do that in 2 years or so, lol.

Also, not sure why you seem to have taken offense, of course I meant that I liked them, what else would I mean?
There was absolutely no offense taken. Seems that without being able to hear someone's voice the context and tone can be lost in a post especially when opinions differ not that ours did. Therefore I started my last post with "Respectfully" hoping the tone wouldn't be misconstrued. The rest of my post was to help others as it relates to the performance of the tires. Please don't take anything I've said as a slight as I surely didn't feel that way about what you said. I appreciate that you responded to the thread, hopefully you will continue to post about your experience.

Had heavy rains today and the Contis didn't flinch.

Last edited by Shogunz; 02-11-2017 at 11:20 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Tires are great. Have just under 3K miles on them. Wish I had these from the start as the Pzero Neros were awful. Had no idea what my car was capable of with the Pzeros. Just love that my tires are no longer chirping under normal acceleration, you know which makes everyone think you are looking for attention. I still haven't used the launch feature with them but I know they will perform 200 times better than the Pirellis based on hard acceleration from stand still, as they don't break. While my tires are the stock size, they are wider than the Pzeros and thus provide better wheel rim protection. Steering response and cornering is great especially with such a heavy car. I will definitely purchase these again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > California

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode