Aussie Challenger Owners - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
International For all those outside of the U.S and Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Aussie Challenger Owners

Hi there,

Wife and I recently just had our Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker registered in Sydney.

Just see if there are any other Aussies on here?

Still yet to get any decent photos of her as we have just been busy this weekend driving her.

Cheers
Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 01:01 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Hi, kiwi here but was wondering if you had to convert to right hand drive to register?

And congrats on your new ride, pictures are always popular.

2016 SRT 392, A8, Granite Crystal.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawls View Post
Hi, kiwi here but was wondering if you had to convert to right hand drive to register?

And congrats on your new ride, pictures are always popular.
Hey Fawls!

Will better getting good quality photos this weekend.

Thanks to our wonderful laws it had to be converted to RHD as it is newer than 30 years.

PS. Love New Zealand! So many awesome roads and the people are fantastic.

Here are some camera phone pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 11:15 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Wow, there's some photo's to freak a few out who aren't used to seeing the steering wheel over there! that looks like an expensive job so can't imagine you will see too many others driving around (I,m happy to be proven wrong on that). How do the wing mirrors line up?, years ago a mate converted a Camaro, early 2000's model if I recall correctly (not a fan of them) he did it himself with parts from a crowd in Queensland who specialized in conversions so it all looked good, like a factory job but there was the little things that would never occur to you until you sat in the other seat, things like the mirrors are all now angled for the wrong seat so hard (but not impossible) to adjust, the passenger foot-well was narrower than the drivers, all the seat and climate control controls were around the wrong way, the wipers were on the wrong side etc.

I know things have come a long way from then and can see the wipers have been sorted and I know they swap the electrics on the seats and controls now as well, most of this also witnessed in your photos... a lot of work! That park brake looks like a mission on its own and I see you have no left foot rest (that narrower passenger foot-well thing), looks like they did a first class job and the untrained eye would be oblivious to any of those minor points.

I see your authorities are a bit (lot) anal about the indicators??? how stupid do they think people are? anyone with an ounce of common sense could figure that out.. oh I see my mistake.

As long as you are happy with it, great colour by the way and I would guess it is a very special car in NSW, looking forward to seeing more photo's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fawls For This Useful Post:
WillG (10-20-2017)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 02:40 AM

That’s a great looking ride you have, Will. Really love how the conversion looks. Is the conversion done with Dodge OEM parts (the dashboard, for instance) or aftermarket? Were the bumper reflectors an added requirement? Looks like they wanted you to add an extra color reflector, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 SRT Granite Crystal
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Dakota SLT
The Following User Says Thank You to Al A For This Useful Post:
WillG (10-20-2017)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 09:17 AM

Max Rockatansky would be proud.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Scat Pack Shaker A8 - Go Mango
Dynomax mini race bullet mufflers
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,304 Times in 2,527 Posts
Garage
First Challenger I've seen in RHD configuration. Now we have a "solution" for those that want a power passenger seat!
Find the RHD parts.

And since the consoles aren't symmetrical like the '08-'14s, that has to be redesigned for RHD configuration as well.

2016 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 23Y pkg (M6) ordered 8/28/15, born 10/23/15, home 11/20/15
Torred / Black/ Ruby Red leather
2009 R/T 27J pkg (M6) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08
Hemi Orange / Dark Slate/Light Slate Gray leather
-Sold 9/1/15
The Following User Says Thank You to Hal H For This Useful Post:
WillG (10-20-2017)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The rear reflectors are actually indicators as it is illegal to have red indicators in Aus. Rather than reverse engineering the tail lights they just place it in bar.

Dashboard, centre console and driver's/passenger seat are all 3D scanned and every thing is re built. Only major OEM RHD part would be the steering rack as that is from a Chrysler 300 SRT. Company we used are the only ones that copy the centre console to look exactly like the original just flipped.

Also Flaws in terms of cabin space. Still plenty of room on the driver's side. I just rest my foot under the clutch. But then again I do also have a Suzuki Cappuccino so I'm use to tight cabin spaces.

Foot brake you do get use to doing a little dance to put it on. Climate control are still very much like the original car. But stuff you really get use too.

The conversion is not cheap however it is the only Scat Pack Shaker that we know of in our state or the country. Please the wife's dream car is a Challenger so it was all worth it.

People are more inclined to bring in a Hellcat. Which there are about 12 of. But this thing get so many looks.

Last edited by WillG; 10-20-2017 at 03:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to WillG For This Useful Post:
Fawls (10-20-2017)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 04:27 PM

Thanked 3,675 Times in 2,764 Posts
Nice car!

There's rumor the next generation Challenger and Charger will be offered in RHD for export but for now, Brampton only builds the Chrysler 300 in RHD and even that is ending soon.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,441 Times in 2,630 Posts
Garage
RHD conversion looks awesome, congratulations

A Guy

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > International

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode