International For all those outside of the U.S and Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
Hi Rob287

Dude be very careful he has all the relevant documentation for this car or you WILL NOT be able to register it, you will need a NOVA certificate form Customs & Excise to say all the tax has been paid, an American title document and Shipping documents if available, also make sure the car has a VIN sticker on the drivers door without this you will never get an IVA certificate, had a customer buy a car without the VIN sticker once, I had to get one made up at a local Sign Writing company

Out of curiosity what year is this car? My 2012 SRT8 with 15,000 miles on it only cost £2000 to ship from Fort Worth, Texas and another £6500 in taxes

Regards

Dereck
I am trying to be as careful as i can, its daunting buying from abroad. Hes got the letter from NOVA saying no outstanding tax is due. He would of needed to pay it in Poland anyway as they would not of released the car. As we are still in the European union its all good, as that was my biggest concern getting hit with thousands of £s tax.

The car is a Hellcat. I have had many quotes on shipping from the states and the tax man would want over 10k in VAT and fees.

Where did you get your lights done Derek?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:48 AM

Hi Rob 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob287 View Post

Where did you get your lights done Dereck?
I did them myself, I own a garage.

Up to 2014 is fairly easy, just some simple wiring modifications, 2015 onwards is more technical and I have never looked into how to do those, here is a video of my lights, the switchback LEDs I use are "fade on" so look like there are flickering on the video but do not flicker to the human eye, also the rear indicators look a lot more orange than on the video

The tail lights are
  • Outer ones = Turn signals/tail lights
  • Centre two = Stop lights
  • Inner ones = Fog Lights (One stop light goes out to comply with light spacing regulations

Regards

Dereck
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:58 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
UK Challenger Buying Guide:

Step 1. Move to the US
Step 2. Buy Challenger
Step 3. Realize your country hates fun and never go back

Boom, 'Merica.

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group

2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab
Bright White, A8+V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Derek want to come Poland with me
He is putting the mufflers back on the car. Flying over on the 8th to view it.

Haha move to America... I like Americans strange bunch, can't get to grips with your tipping culture and it really annoyed me how you must pay for fuel before filling up then again fuel was so cheap. Also just add the tax to the price advertised be normal like the rest of us

Last edited by Rob287; 05-19-2019 at 01:39 PM.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
This is the only quote I have had
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190518_081501_1558163762784.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	945869  
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 03:34 AM

Hi Rob287

I would love to come to Poland with, especially if you were paying but I will be Stateside on that date.

I don't know how you feel about modifications but the fact he "is putting the mufflers back on" would make me run a mile, what else has been f*cked about with? I am also not liking the fact it is in Poland and unregistered, please make sure his NOVA is valid for the UK and has a genuine NOVA number you can check with U.K Customs & Excise, I am not trying to p!ss on your parade dude I just don't want to see you shafted, I've seen it too many times here at the shop when people have imported cars, have the wrong or incomplete documentation and got their fingers well and truly burnt, what started off as a £20,000 deal of the century all of a sudden turns into a £35,000 white elephant,

Now for your lights, as I said earlier I have never looked into converting the 2015 up LED lights and am not sure how to do it, if you search the web (I am sure you have) there are plenty of videos and sites that say they can do it, one funnily enough in Poland that looks like you could just buy the lights ready done but beware of our IVA lighting requirements I have seen some conversions that would fail a U.K IVA for Stop light/fog light spacing (they have to be 4 inches apart)

That quote you have seems about what I have heard firms charge, I have always thought £800 for a light conversion is a bit of a rip of considering the sh!t job most of them do, also you could save the £200 for them to take it for an IVA, you could do that yourself. An IVA test will take less than 30 minutes, they check your seat belts, dashboard warning lights, a couple stickers under the hood and the air bag sticker on the right B pillar (you might have to add one here yourself, buy one on Ebay), the tyres (make sure you have the exact size Z rated tyres specified on the door sticker), the lights including headlight Aim and most importantly the VIN sticker on the drivers door, without this sticker you cannot pass an IVA as this sticker says the car conforms to all U.S Federal regulations, DVSA take this as automatically conforming to U.K regulations on stuff like Air Bags, ABS, Immobiliser, Seat belt mounts, suspension mounts, ETC.

Regards

Dereck
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Derek

I have sent you a PM
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 11:50 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob287 View Post
Derek want to come Poland with me 😂😂

He is putting the mufflers back on the car. Flying over on the 8th to view it.

Haha move to America... I like Americans strange bunch, can't get to grips with your tipping culture and it really annoyed me how you must pay for fuel before filling up then again fuel was so cheap. Also just add the tax to the price advertised be normal like the rest of us 😂😂

Seems like a small price to pay for not being sent to jail for wrongthink or being taxed up the bum for everything else.

I do agree, tax should be on the price tag and tipping is bullshit.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:30 PM

Cost me £1600 to ship a 2016 car from Houston.

And yes, I paid quite a lot of UK import duty and tax - but ended up with a 2 yr old car low miles for less money than buying one in Europe. It's not seen salt, warranted not to have been flooded, and in rather nice condition.

I did the lights myself - LEDs from Brightlights, some relays to switch the "bulb" out warning back to earth, indicator LEDS in the tail lights in front of the brake lights, fog lights in the boot lid in the reversing lights.

Swopped the HID lights for halogen (no headlamp wash, no self-levelling suspension, so no chance of passing IVA). My test was in Manchester - involving pulling the side window tints off and accepting the certificate Take the spare out, or make a label with speed and distance limits to stick on the actual wheel.

And Muth signal mirrors to avoid drilling holes in perfect panels.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 01:20 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
"And Muth signal mirrors to avoid drilling holes in perfect panels."

Sorry I don't understand this last bit?

2016 SRT 392, A8, Granite Crystal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > International

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in