Best Performance Coilovers? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Question Best Performance Coilovers?

I'm looking around and trying to find some good coil overs for my 2015 R/T. The issue I am running into is there are so many brands and options that I am unsure what the best option for my car is. I'm looking for something that will help the overall handling of the car, as well as lower it a bit. Between an inch or two. I also plan on changing out the brakes to Brembo or something similar and I plan on putting wider tires on the car all around, so I also need to make sure that coilovers won't get in the way of those.

With that in mind, what are some options I have so I can narrow down my searching?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 12:17 PM

Like you said there are many brands out there and there are some things to consider

What are you looking to get out of the coil system? Is it just a drop? Are you looking for better cornering?

Many coils only let you adjust height, sometimes rebound, and dampening.

Most people dont need all of that but its all dependent on how hard you will be driving.

Guys on the forum ive seen using BC racing, Eibach, ST, KW, and so on.

There are also drag racing specific shocks if thats your intent but any shock can be setup for drag or road racing as long as it has the parameters for adjustment.

I have KW V2 shocks adjustable height and stiffnes on my 16 RT and they are fantastic. I can simulate stock ride or have them stiff as hell and they respond great. They also have a great warranty and the backing of a major company. I very often go driving in the canyons and put my car through its paces.
The Following User Says Thank You to trippytro For This Useful Post:
Grimm (04-21-2019)
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytro View Post
Like you said there are many brands out there and there are some things to consider
What are you looking to get out of the coil system? Is it just a drop? Are you looking for better cornering?

Sorry for the late answer, but what I am looking for is yes, a slight drop. Not much because this is a daily driver, I don't want it to scrape the ground or anything like that. As far as performance goes, I am looking for better handling. Turns, acceleration, braking, and so on because the suspension will effect how the car moves during those tasks, if I am not mistaken.

I am only lightly into my research of coilovers, however the brands that have stuck out to me so far are BC and KW. However I want to make sure those are good and provide what I am looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,587 Times in 2,722 Posts
Garage
The BC racing BR series has a 2" "minimum" drop and are around $1000

https://www.bcracing-na.com/product/...rger-2011-2016

They do have a DS series that appear to have no lowering, around $1300

https://www.bcracing-na.com/product/...nger-2011-2016

The KW Ver2 Front Lowering: 1.2" to 2.6" Rear Lowering: 1.8" to 3.3" around $2000

https://www.kwsuspensions.com/produc...coilovers.html

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
The Following User Says Thank You to A Guy For This Useful Post:
Grimm (04-21-2019)
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:58 PM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Best Performance Coilovers?

I had a buddy that had bc and they are junk. Car was to low even in full adjustment on both spring and on the cylinder adjustment. Rubbed the fender wells and rode like a lumber wagon. He junked then and got the mopar suspension kit and much much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 SRT
MAGNUSON TVS 2300 12LB BLOWER WITH ARRINGTON PERFORMANCE TUNED & DROP IN PISTONS AND RODS, KOOKS LONG TUBE HEADERS
ARRINGTON FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE
BILLET TECH FUEL DOOR BADGE, DOORLOCK PINS, DEVO STRUT TOWER COVERS, COMPLETE UNDERHOOD KIT IN RED, POP CAN DELETE DISC'S, SRT WHEEL CENTERS, DOOR JAM INSERTS,
CANTON SUPER CHARGER COOLANT TANK
BARTON SHORT THROW SHIFTER WITH MOPAR SHORT THROW HANDLE]
CUSTOM HEAD RESTS
SPEEDLOGIX A-PILLAR POD W/ AUTOMETER CARBON FIBER GUAGES
The Following User Says Thank You to us1champ For This Useful Post:
Grimm (04-21-2019)
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
I had a buddy that had bc and they are junk. Car was to low even in full adjustment on both spring and on the cylinder adjustment. Rubbed the fender wells and rode like a lumber wagon. He junked then and got the mopar suspension kit and much much better

Well, that sounds like it crosses BC Racing off the list entirely as I definitely do not want the car too low to the ground. I don't need to scrap going over a speed bump. Also since I plan on add headers and I know they can hang low, I don't need those scrapping so thank you for telling me. Is it possible he got a bad set of them?
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 04:22 AM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I doubt it. I suppose there is always a chance but it is hard to say i guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:15 AM

Garage
I've run BC coils on a couple of other platforms and never heard of an issue as described above with the proper coils.

For the OP...what's your budget?

2016 Hellcat
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:28 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ridetech is another option for you to look at.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by landoawd View Post
I've run BC coils on a couple of other platforms and never heard of an issue as described above with the proper coils.

For the OP...what's your budget?

Budget isn't something I'm terribly worried about, I'd rather have quality than worry about price. I'm currently saving the money for them, so I just need to know how much I need to save and what I want/need to get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode