Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Cooper ultra touring tires

4K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  gary h 
#1 ·
I am thinking about Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring 235/55-R18, 104V XL BSW for my '12 R/T in the coming months. The original Michelins are peeling apart at 25k miles. I do mainly general driving. No racetracks or curbs. Any thoughts on the Coopers? No Chinese-made tires for me.

#2 ·
Why put touring tires on a high performance car? A much better choice are the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 ultra high performance all-season tires. These are what I recently installed on my 2009 SRT. You can get a great deal on these super tires from our supporting vendor, Discount Tire.

The only issue is that they do not come in your exact size. You would have to get the slightly lower profile 235/50-20 tires. They, however, would only throw your speedometer off by about 1 mph.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=235-55r18-235-50r18

Check out the extensive reviews that I previously posted:

https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/new-cooper-g1-tires-my-srt-647690/

#5 ·
Why put touring tires on a high performance car? A much better choice are the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 ultra high performance all-season tires. These are what I recently installed on my 2009 SRT. You can get a great deal on these tires from our supporting vendor, Discount Tire.

Check out the extensive reviews that I previously posted:

https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/new-cooper-g1-tires-my-srt-647690/
Agree, I just ordered a set and they just got delivered yesterday. Our supporting vendor was AWESOME to work with and will match any on-line price.

Attachments

#18 ·
I have Goodyear tires of the same model in two different sizes:

the 20" tires are made in Chile

the 16" tires are made in Turkey

many manufacturers have plants all around the world - often the same model size can be sourced from multiple countries of origin

#8 ·
for about $20 / tire more you can get the Conti Extreme Contact DWS-06 in the 235/55 - 18 size

#13 ·
Thank you for your longtime support. I was a longtime customer of Discount Tire before I started working for them. After being here for many years I know why they have always been my tire/wheel company. They always put the customer safety first and treat their customers as they would family.

#14 · (Edited)
Well that got screwed up on an edit...

What I meant to say is that Cooper Tires makes Mickey Thompson's...
I talked with the folks from MT when I saw that my MT Street Comps were made in China...
They built a brand new plant there...
I still love them...

#19 · (Edited)
The machines that make the tires don't know where they are ...

My MT Street Comps are as mentioned, Made In China..Owned by Cooper an American Company...Findley, Ohio home...

...and the MT ET Street SS's are made in USA, like all their racing tires ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.