Input on suspension components - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Input on suspension components

I’ve been out of the Challenger game for a long time. Originally had a 2009 RT 6spd, I wanted a SRT at the time but could not afford it. I had done all Mopar parts at the time for suspension, front strut tower bar, front and rear sway bars and coil overs. I am now in a 2018 Scat Pack Auto. Really impressed by the car overall and only desire at the time is to make it handle better. No immediate plans for tracking nor auto cross. Solely everyday/street car. Essentially reduce the body roll and handle better in turns and reduce the wheel gap. I remember how nice the set up was on my 09 RT and found out all the Mopar parts fit the SP. Do you guys have any inputs on these parts or any suggestions to improve the handling? I’ve read some have upgraded the sway bars to the Hellcats and seems like coilovers may be overkill. Any input on the Mopar springs or other brand of springs? Don’t want a bouncy nor harsh ride. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 10:57 PM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,881 Posts
H&R Springs
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 01:55 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Hotchkis, Eibach & others all do spring, swaybar & shock packages, spend a night searching which one you think fits your desires, and if you still have questions ask here, there is a good chance someone will have done what you are looking at and will have some good input you can use.

2016 SRT 392, A8, Granite Crystal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I’ve been using the search feature and going through active threads. I can’t find much info on suspension set ups on 18 SPs. I found a couple threads about 3 way adjustable Petty Sway bars. Sounds like they are a solid choice however, I looked them up and the website only shows they are applicable up to 2016 Challengers. Do they fit 18’s? Still thinking Mopar front and rear strut bars and leaning towards Mopar springs. I see mixed reviews on the Eibachs. Not really finding to much in regards to running Hellcat sway bars on recent SP/SRTs.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:27 PM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,881 Posts
2015 to present, same specs as far as sway bars. Aftermarket parts fit almost all year/trim. Don’t throw money at it without doing your research. I wouldn’t change the sway bars. The upgrade in size is not worth the money. If it were pre 2015, I’d say go for it. Again, most aftermarket suspension parts fit all year/trim Challengers and even Chargers.
Do lots of research. Read lots of older threads.
Also remember, the lower you go the more possibility that you may need other adjustable suspension components in order to get proper alignment done. That’s more money. Especially labor.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 04:21 AM

Garage
apyung, suspension mods are the best bang for your buck IMO. They help with daily driveability and help put the power down to the ground, but...That's just MO. Do your research like wasp said, and then do some more research. Suspension mods are great but normally benefit from other corresponding mods. (Like new adjustable sway bars & adjustable/beefier end links together.) or [ A front strut tower brace & a rear strut tower brace combined together] and ect. Which all equals more $$$. That is why I agree with wasp....research research research.

"I think we just broke something...it's traction" - Carl Edwards :thumbsup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode