Need some wheel tire guidance - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Need some wheel tire guidance

Looking to get a set of Nitto 305s on the rear of my 2011 srt8, stock height, not lowered, and no plans to do so. Currently have OEM 20x9 2262s on there. According to my measurements those wheels have an offset of +25.5mm. Was under there looking in the wheelhouse and it looks like there is an inch, possibly an inch and a quarter of clearance on the inside. My first inclination was to have the OEM rim widened by 1.5", but I can see that won't work because it will not change the offset and the extra width will all be on the inboard side. I know I can use spacers, but I would really rather not. Kind of wanted to stay with the OEM wheels but since that doesn't look like it's possible, my next preference would be 'devils wheel' repros in 20x10.5. So far I have found them with either an offset of +25 or +23 which I'm betting the latter would be the better bet. I am trying to achieve a look as tucked as possible into the wheelhouse. I understand because of the size of the wheel/tire combination, it will stick out a bit but I'd like to minimize that to whatever degree possible. Any advice suggestions would be welcomed.

Secondly, is it possible or even advisable to do 275's on the front on 20x9 rims?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode