Questions Regarding Camber Caster Kits For 2015 Dodge Challenger - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Questions Regarding Camber Caster Kits For 2015 Dodge Challenger

Hello All!

Let me preface this by stating that I am pretty ignorant when it comes to most things vehicular / automotive. So for anyone kind enough to respond, if you wouldn't mind putting things in the simplest of terms so that I may better understand and expand my knowledge slightly, I would greatly appreciate it!

I recently purchased a 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker that has had A LOT done to it. It's basically no longer an R/T Plus. If it helps, THIS is the Challenger I bought.

So I took it down to Firestone to get it aligned because it looked like the back passenger tire was slightly slanted, and after a few minutes up on the lift, they bring me over and show me that yes, all 4 tires need an alignment, but that they could not align the front tires because apparently the stock front tires don't have an adjustable something rather (mechanic speak that might as well be a foreign language to me) but I asked him if he would write down exactly what it was I needed in order for them to be able to align my vehicle.

He told me the back tires he could adjust just fine, but that specifically the front tires needed an aftermarket Camber Caster Kit / Adjustable Upper Control Arms because apparently OEM Stock Dodge's dont have adjustable front whatever so that it could be corrected all the way around.

Again, I'm coming at this with basically no knowledge of any of this and I just want to make sure I buy the right pieces I need and I'm hoping someone could get me on the right track of what I'm looking for. He told me something like THIS is what I need, but I haven't heard of this brand before, and I'm hoping someone has a recommendation on what exactly I should look into getting.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated and thank you very much for your time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,420 Times in 2,615 Posts
Garage
That's a nice car! I see a @stevewhiteparts Steve White Performance sticker under the hood, and it's an A2Speed car, are you by chance in/near N.C.? If so Steve White could set you up and you'd be sure to get it right, and get great service.

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thank you

I actually live in Virginia, so I'm like directly between Virginia based A2Speed and North Carolina based Steve White. Two and a half hours to either, so not TERRIBLY far.

It's an amazing car for sure, I really couldn't ask for anything more out of this particular Challenger (save for some front upper adjustable control arms apparently) :P

It has a hell of a time staying planted, and you lose the rear end of it every time it shifts gears if you punch it, and when I'm driving on the interstate when its raining (even with Cruise Control on going the speed limit) I get this shaking, fishtailing feeling in the car while driving it.

I don't know how else to describe it other than it feels like you're "floating" almost and it really scares me because while I have control, I feel like I don't. I'm really hoping fixing the alignment corrects all that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 06:36 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 3,163 Times in 2,019 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
pictures please??
Luke

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US
WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!!!!!!
PLEASE VISIT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!

828-324-4410
800-779-3634

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,420 Times in 2,615 Posts
Garage
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 06:35 PM

That's a hell of an R/T. I lowered my 2013 R/T a few years ago and eventually ran into camber issue like you. I ended up installing camber bolts for my front end and now the car is aligned within specs, however adjustable control arms would be a better option. BMR Suspension makes really good aftermarket parts for our cars. I got their on car adjustable upper control arms and lateral control arms for the rear of my car and they are high quality pieces. They are based in South Florida...call them and talk to Frank and he will give u a discount and free shipping on your first order. I have had their pieces now on my car for 8 months and no problems what so ever. Hope this helps.

Living my life....one quarter mile at a time
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:32 PM

I went with SPC adjustable control arms just last week myself.

I tapped a curb pretty badly at the start of winter, I had nothing but trouble until I finally pieced it all back together with better parts. The last issue to sort out was damn near 1* of caster, the arms took care of that and allowed me to dial the camber in better in the process.

Money well spent...

We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes, but fast never does.

2012 Challenger R/T Plus w/ STP
SRT Headers/Mids, Catch Can, Skip-Shift Eliminator, CDV deleted, StopTech ST60 Front, slotted rotors w/ Ceramic pads all around, SRT Half Covers, and a 93 canned tune.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:31 PM

If you dont want to buy entirely new arms, you can buy the moog problem solver upper ball joints. If you need more adjustment range then the arms would be the way to go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in