Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Scat Pack Brembos

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Scatpacksam 
#1 ·
My Shaker's a daily driver and the Brembos were getting tired at 3 winters. Had my shop clean them up and hit them with a glossier black than the factory flat. Not sure why pics didn't come out correctly but the mod came out great:

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: BlackHemi41
#7 ·
Those calipers got that bad after only 30K miles? That doesn't seem right does it?

#11 ·
I do not drive in the winter, but after 9 years the clear coat began to go. A little wet sand and re-spray of high temp glass have them looking good again.

Attachments

#13 ·
The Brembo lettering was a concern for me as well. I followed the instructions a user of a Porsche forum had done. The Porsche driver was able to sand and spray without damage to the lettering. I cleaned the calipers. I used some 1,000 grit sandpaper and lightly wet sanded the calipers. Very carefully on the edges. Cleaned the calipers again. Then re-sprayed with clear. As far as I can tell, the lettering was not effected at all. It turned out nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.