This is getting ridiculous... - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:52 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimec View Post
Coming from a stick car your just forced to (old habits die hard) I do it all the time, some lights are long and I'm to lazy to hold the pedal against the ZF8HP90
I also make it a point to shift into Park as quickly as possible if I have just come to a stop from 50+ mph in a short distance. It seems like I read somewhere once that hammering the brakes for a quick stop and then leaving the pads clamped onto the rotors at the stopping point will do something to the rotors (material transfer, baking something-something, I can't remember the specifics, I just remember it's best avoided) so that their surfaces are no longer true.

Once they are in that condition, they will slowly get worse and start to vibrate like they are warped during heavy braking events. And once that starts, they have to be replaced because there is no reversing the damage done to them from cooking the pads on them after heavy braking.

I don't know how much of that is true, but it's reasonable enough to me to think it's possible, so I try to avoid it by never leaving the brakes applied after hard stops at intersections/stop signs. And while it's far from proof that it works, I can say that since I have started this practice, I have yet to replace a set of rotors because they started vibrating like they were warped. I have had that problem with other vehicles in the past, but not since adjusting my behavior, so who knows... [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dunno.gif[/IMG]
As far as I’m concerned you’re spot on! I too feel the same way with the brake thing, call it superstition but that’s the way of it..whenever I make hard runs the first thing that comes to mind is wondering as you hold those big Brembo’s on if if their cooking the rotors to the beginnings of warpage lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,354 Times in 982 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Life is seldom black and white...

A Guy
You, sir, may henceforth consider yourself FIRED from the inter-webs!!

If anyone should inquire as to the reason for your termination, please inform them it was because you insisted on using bad puns in conversations (aka, convos) between yourself and others on the inter-webs.

Should you decide to repent and want to rejoin the rest of us, you may be granted special dispensation to re-enter, BUT you will have to say a few **Hail Hemi's...something like ten of them...yes, say 10 Hail Hemi's and you're back in.

** - In case you need a refresher for the Hail Hemi prayer, here it is:
"Hail Hemi, full of torque, Our cars scoot when powered by thee.
Blessed art thou among gear-heads, and blessed is the exhaust note from your womb.
Holy Hell, Mother of God, I'd better slow down.
"

2012 Charger R/T with Pursuit pkg. (2018 - ?)
-- The Bacon Hauler
------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Challenger Rallye Redline (2015 - 2018)
2011 Challenger Toxic Orange SE (2011 - 2014)
The Following User Says Thank You to Nuke For This Useful Post:
Al A (05-18-2019)
post #33 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,783 Times in 2,862 Posts
Garage
I'm of the Pentastar persuasion...

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
post #34 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I'm of the Pentastar persuasion...

A Guy
Pentastar, huh...I heard those devil worshiping cults draw pentastars on the floors of the building where they sacrifice the virgins and engage in naked line-dancing to old Confederate Railroad CDs.

Personally, I don't know that I can be associated with such abhorrent behavior...I mean Confederate Railroad?? Really?!?!

You'd better up it to 20 Hail Hemi's...no, 25...make it 25!
post #35 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Interesting the "knowledge" you have of such things, when I was thinking V6. I certainly wouldn't "sacrifice" a virgin. Seems you know a lot of such goings on...

A Guy

P.S. What the heck is a Confederate Railroad CD??
post #36 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:

P.S. What the heck is a Confederate Railroad CD??
That would be a compact disc onto which laser beams were used to burn holes in such a pattern so as to reproduce sound waves when the disc is spun around at a high rate of speed and another laser is used to 'look' through those holes. As for the sound waves on the CD that will be reproduced, they will have come from a "Country" band from the late 90s named Confederate Railroad and briefly popular on the Nashville Disco charts.

Personally, I would rather listen to one of those coyote call-up tapes where it's nothing but the sounds of dying rabbits than I would listen to a Confederate Railroad CD, but that's me. Some people like their music; I didn't, and that's that.

Now, if you run across someone who admits to liking that band, please call the local law enforcement immediately and tell them to come quick, for you have encountered a thoroughly dangerous and mentally unbalanced person.

And for the record, I am not saying all Confederate Railroad fans are dangerous and unbalanced in the head, but I am saying that every dangerous and mentally unstable person I ever met just happen to also be a Confederate Railroad fan. So...you can draw your own conclusions from that I think.
post #37 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I like Grand Funk Railroad, but it was one long groove, not pits and lands...apropos, no?

A Guy
post #38 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I like Grand Funk Railroad, but it was one long groove, not pits and lands...apropos, no?

A Guy
I think you misspelled appreepeaux. It's a french word, thus the 'eaux' in it.

Anyway, enough chit-chat, I need to get back to the Bacon Hauler!

She's sitting in the garage, up on one jack stand, wheel off, brakes disassembled, and fluid dripping onto the floor. I left it that way in the hopes that when I go back out there, someone will have it all back together for me after replacing that rear line. But the more I think about it, the more I doubt that is going to happen.

What a shame too, people used to be nicer back in my day...not so rude that they'd just leave a disassembled vehicle where it sits and keep on walking!
post #39 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Eaux, I did not know that

A Guy
post #40 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 02:52 AM

Garage
Next time you get stopped tell him you’re impersonating a taxi. Most ex LEO cars in FL become those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode