A sign from above - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,315 Times in 954 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gila Hemi View Post
An automotive repair manual??? Where on earth did you find a Motors Manual???
If that's some kind of shot at my Acura Chilton's manual, I must strenuously object. This one ain't like the more recent one's I've had where the procedure to replace something is barely more helpful than "Take old one off. Replace it with one." No sir, this Chilton's has some actual procedures that go into detail and list the torque specs right there in the procedures.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to authoring the request letter I'm going to send to @Hal H imploring him to allow me to use the lift he plans on putting in his new garage so that I can work on this car a little easier.

2012 Charger R/T with Pursuit pkg. (2018 - ?)
-- The Bacon Hauler
------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Challenger Rallye Redline (2015 - 2018)
2011 Challenger Toxic Orange SE (2011 - 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 12:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
If that's some kind of shot at my Acura Chilton's manual, I must strenuously object. This one ain't like the more recent one's I've had where the procedure to replace something is barely more helpful than "Take old one off. Replace it with one." No sir, this Chilton's has some actual procedures that go into detail and list the torque specs right there in the procedures.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to authoring the request letter I'm going to send to @Hal H imploring him to allow me to use the lift he plans on putting in his new garage so that I can work on this car a little easier.
No need to wait on Hal when you have a curbside ricer lift service...

Somewhere in the Sonora Desert...
2014 R/T Shaker M6 w/JBA long tubes and exhaust, Magnuson super charger, Fastman throttle body, API fuel hat, HHP custom tune - See the rest in my garage...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wife: 2015 R/T Plus A8 jazz blue pearl w/ Super Track Pak, A/C-heated leather seats and some other cool stuff,,,
Member:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gila Hemi View Post
No need to wait on Hal when you have a curbside ricer lift service...

[IMG][/IMG]
I don't need no stinking refuse truck to pick up an Acura! Hell, I can press my Challenger straight up and down, and it weighs a heck of a lot more than the Acura!!

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Go ahead, call it a Charger NOW

Well I do believe the amount of time I will be spending working on that Acura just got significantly cut back. I can't be wasting time on that little piece of junk when I've got bigger fish to fry!

Ladies and gentlemen, I am now officially a 4-door LX'er:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PNG image.png
Views:	25
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	912810

Yeah, yeah, I know...the irony...go ahead, get it out of your system, I'll wait....

There, done now?

Okay, back to business: lots of work to be done on this car, and I'm just the man to do it. First up will be performing some of the 100K mile maintenances that look like they haven't been done yet (or that I haven't done myself on it). And that doesn't even take into account the general clean-up on the various exterior surfaces I will have to do:

Name:	20180511_070225371_iOS.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	912826

Then, there will definitely be some body work I'll need to do to get it ready to paint all one color at some point. And then I can move on to the interior. It's in surprisingly decent shape, as it's got leather front and back seats donated by a flooded out Challenger from Houston courtesy of Hurricane Harvey.

Name:	20180511_075020771_iOS.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	538.5 KB
ID:	912842

Name:	20180511_074926506_iOS.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	912818

And yes, I will also be needing a set of back door handles too, as the car didn't come with any...there, satisfied?!?!

Name:	20180511_075103543_iOS.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	912834

Now, set me to my tasks!
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 01:28 PM

Garage
Is it Nuke, or Elwood Blues?

"It's got a cop motor, a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters, so it'll run good on regular gas."

K-DAWG
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Is it Nuke, or Elwood Blues?

"It's got a cop motor, a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters, so it'll run good on regular gas."
I love Jake, but man I’m too old to be dodging RPGs, flamethrowers, and 5.56 rounds aimed at my head by Princess Lea (or anyone for that matter!). So yeah, sign me up as Elwood. He’s much more my speed I think!

Although that does leave the matter of what to do if a pack of Illinois Nazis come after me. You know how them Illinois Nazis are, they don’t discriminate about Jake vs Elwood, they hate them both equally! So I will need a plan for that...

Urethra, I’ve got it!!

When them Illinois Nazis come calling, I’ll just lasso ‘em up, hog tie ‘em, and toss them in the back seat of my Charger! Then I’ll drive them out to West Texas somewhere and turn them loose to fend for themselves. Yeah, somewhere in between Odessa and Ft. Stockton would be perfect. They’ll wander around out there for days before finally succumbing to the dust, the heat, the cacti, and the scorpions.

Hell, by the time they manage to find their way back to civilization, if at all, they’ll be so sunburned, windburned, and parched from thirst that the locals will think they’re a roving pack of lunatic zombies and just dispatch them Nazi bass-turds right there on the side of the road, thereby doing the rest of us a favor and putting an end to any serious nazi’ing in the greater Illinois area.

And if you really think about it, getting popped by some local hillbillies and left for the buzzards out in West Texas to feed upon is about the most perfect way for a Nazi to go, right?!?

(If it ain’t the best way for them to go, it’ll do just fine until a better way comes along!)
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 03:10 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Paint it one color?

Why would you throw away a free "get out of the ****ing left lane, you shitty prius" pass like that?

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group

2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab
Bright White, A8+V6
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by praiseV8 View Post
Paint it one color?

Why would you throw away a free "get out of the ****ing left lane, you shitty prius" pass like that?
With power comes responsibility. It is true that I possess more power now, possibly even to affect the driving habits of those around me. However, I have taken an oath to use my powers for good and never evil, and it seems like forcing people to do my bidding, errr, drive like I want them to is surely evil.

I have to go now, i have to go on patrol in 30 min. Danged town has been overrun by yuppies and beatniks, and I’m just the man to do something about that problem!!
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 07:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by praiseV8 View Post
Paint it one color?

So they don't know our official prius kill is after them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode