Teaching kids to fight? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Teaching kids to fight?

What's your position on this?

The easy answer is, yes, in self defense situations. If another kid picks on you, hits you, then "knock him out." Back in my old days, if someone punches me once, twice, and twice again next week also, I let him have it with the full blessing of my Father. That was decades ago in the 70s-80s.

Schools don't work like that anymore today. Self defense or not, both involved in a fight are SOL - suspended. Schools take that middle ground so they don't get involve in determining who is the good guy and who is the bad guy.

Many kids who are bullied stay quiet. And Bullies can get away with it because no one stands up to physically. IMO, that's why Bullying is a big issue today in school. That's one of the reasons why kids go postal. There is so much build up and no outlet.

I am trained in martial arts. Not black belt, MMA or anything like that, but if he wants more after I hand him my wallet (as money is not worth it), I will hold nothing back...

I don't know how much I should share with my sons, in terms of self defense, a few moves to protect himself?

Self defense is an automatic suspension in school. And if I teach him in terms of naturalizing an opponent, he will almost be automatically kicked out of school, right or wrong. Yes, that's school policy. Most people are not that skillful in terms of dodging every attack. At some point, to defend/protect is to be on the offensive attack. If one does not seek the window of opportunity, one could be really be SOL.

Some of you are young, many are middle age, some are older. Share your wisdom.

TIA.

2016 SXT Plus PCP. My name is James. My friends call me "O.J." - Oriental James.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:58 PM

Thanked 1,644 Times in 986 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Schools are nothing but Indoctrination Centers these days...... Our Education system and a LOT of the folks
within it are a total joke.... (Not all.... but sadly a lot). It is everyone's *Right* to defend themselves.

.........Brett DiMichele
2011 Toxic Orange SRT8 "Toxy" (Supercherged)
2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 "Stormy" (Turbocherged)
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee "Rusty" (Worn out)
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:00 PM

Garage
Back in the day we'd meet in the park after school, and half of the school would show up to watch...

Somewhere in the Sonora Desert...
2014 R/T Shaker M6 w/JBA long tubes and exhaust, Magnuson super charger, Fastman throttle body, API fuel hat, HHP custom tune - See the rest in my garage...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wife: 2015 R/T Plus A8 jazz blue pearl w/ Super Track Pak, A/C-heated leather seats and some other cool stuff,,,
Member:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:27 PM

Teach them..better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6
The Following User Says Thank You to White R/T For This Useful Post:
18PCPGT (06-13-2019)
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,783 Times in 2,862 Posts
Garage
Teach them to defend themselves. Teach them to not then become the bully because they can. Teach them to turn the other cheek, until it gets slapped too. Teach them to stop once they have the upper hand, not "put a beat down" on their opponent. Teach them they can defend themselves, and others not able to defend themselves. If it all goes well, they will develop character, confidence that they can take care of themselves if needed, and an understanding that violence isn't a means to an end.

A Guy

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A Guy For This Useful Post:
18PCPGT (06-13-2019), Al A (06-11-2019), John Matthews (06-11-2019), SpeedShift (06-18-2019)
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:02 PM

The school is not there to "get to the bottom" of who started it. If parents don't teach their kids how to act, it should not be up to the school. Some parents however, should not have had kids.

Last edited by Frank Julian; 06-12-2019 at 04:55 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Julian For This Useful Post:
Punisher_1 (06-12-2019), SpeedShift (06-18-2019)
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:09 PM

I have 4 girl's in school right now and 1 girl not still next yr and well JR is only 2 months..

Me and the wife told the ones going to school if someone's bothering or picking on you tell the teacher. If it still continues pop them in the mouth .

I'm not trained in anything but I will not tolerate anything or anyone harming my kids.

I had one time I went to the school cuz a boy tried to choke my daughter and her friend hit him and she got in trouble, I told the stupid principle why is she getting in trouble if the stupid boy was trying to choke my daughter, she tried to tell he there kids I told her kids don't try to choke other kids that shit comes from home or there parents not giving a ****.

And I just hope they know it's okay to protect them self's theres always going to be ppl out there that aren't going to like you growing up.

So on for kid's knowing how to fight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,762 Times in 1,890 Posts
Garage
I taught my kids if someone hits you, hit them back.

When I was 8 years' old, I got into an argument with a friend and he punched me in the face. I ran home crying. My father told me to go back outside and hit him back or he would hit me. I was more afraid of my father and I went outside and clocked the kid. I never had a problem with him again!

The Following User Says Thank You to Cuda340 For This Useful Post:
jtrosky (06-12-2019)
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 04:31 AM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda340 View Post
I taught my kids if someone hits you, hit them back.

When I was 8 years' old, I got into an argument with a friend and he punched me in the face. I ran home crying. My father told me to go back outside and hit him back or he would hit me. I was more afraid of my father and I went outside and clocked the kid. I never had a problem with him again!

Yep. Same with my son. I told him you never start a fight ever. But if someone pics on you nail them in the nose and that will be the end of it. And I will back him up if something happens in school. Schools now are horrible. No consequence for anything. Everyone’s feelings are more important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009 SRT
MAGNUSON TVS 2300 12LB BLOWER WITH ARRINGTON PERFORMANCE TUNED & DROP IN PISTONS AND RODS, KOOKS LONG TUBE HEADERS
ARRINGTON FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE
BILLET TECH FUEL DOOR BADGE, DOORLOCK PINS, DEVO STRUT TOWER COVERS, COMPLETE UNDERHOOD KIT IN RED, POP CAN DELETE DISC'S, SRT WHEEL CENTERS, DOOR JAM INSERTS,
CANTON SUPER CHARGER COOLANT TANK
BARTON SHORT THROW SHIFTER WITH MOPAR SHORT THROW HANDLE]
CUSTOM HEAD RESTS
SPEEDLOGIX A-PILLAR POD W/ AUTOMETER CARBON FIBER GUAGES
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to us1champ For This Useful Post:
jtrosky (06-12-2019), Ronan978 (06-12-2019)
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:59 AM

Thanked 1,125 Times in 805 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is tough and schools today really struggle with this kind of thing, I just hope a lot of you realize that the schools are a product of how parents are not more than anything else and they have to be constantly worried about liability in out sue-happy world that we all have seem to have created.

My wife is a teacher, and this profession should be held in the same standards of those that people constantly thank like first responders and the military IMO. This is truly god's work, the pay is quite modest comparatively, I know the military doesn't get paid very well either, but they also don't pay taxes which is significant.

As long as I'm blow-harding here...I am a high school wrestling coach(wrestler for life) and I'm always proud of the confidence my kids obtain from being able to defend themselves...and downright take care of business if they have to.

Now: '15 R/T Scat Pack A8 Pitch Black, Appearance Group, Leather, SG II [email protected] DA 6500([email protected] corrected)
-catch can, Hellcat airbox/filter, 180 tstat, Opti-Coat Pro+, ceramic tint, clear bra...and some other crap too

Former: '12 Challenger SRT8 Pitch Black 6-speed, stripe delete [email protected] DA 7100(
corrected)
Former: '06 300C SRT8
(DA -700)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode