Dodge Challenger Forum banner

ABS and Traction lights and knocking noise

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  je08836 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 SXT plus and a 2014 RT with Mopar, both of my vehicles are doing the same thing. The ABS and traction lights are on and when you turn the car to make a right turn the shifter starts making a clicking noise. The noise only happens when turning right not when turning left. I ran both vehicles VIN# and my SXT does have the recall for the alternator (T75) and the RT has a different recall (T36). I see that it looks like the parts are not available yet for the recall to be done on the RT and I have a call into my dealership for the SXT. Could these recalls be what is causing the issues that are noted in both vehicles? Are these safe to drive until the recalls are done? We are already down 2 cars in our house and these cars are having to be used more than usual as daily drivers. Need to know if it's safe to have my kids driving these vehicles.:crying:

#2 ·
I had a similar issue on mine and the lights turned out to be triggered from a bad wheel speed sensor. The knocking/creaking sound I had came from a broken strut mount and only when I turned left, though it sounded like it was coming from the dash and not the shifter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.