Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 scat pack shaker has an option when you set up the dash for “current gear “ but when you select on it lights up a little red light right above the Gas gauge where I think the current gear notification would be but it never shows up? Can anyone explain this or tell me how to make it work? Please view the pictures of my car because the last set of pictures show the interior along with that current gear prompt and then they are not prompt selected to on and you can see the bright red lights above the gas gauge I really want this to work. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Is your car automatic or manual? Mine is manual and also has that feature....but nothing happens when you turn it on or off

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
On an automatic, it's for the Manual mode (Autostick)

Toggling the shift lever forward (-) or rearward (+) while in the MANUAL (AutoStick) position (beside the DRIVE position) will manually select the transmission gear, and will display the current gear in the instrument cluster as M1, M2, M3, etc.

A Guy

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
Please view the pictures of my car because the last set of pictures show the interior along with that current gear prompt
What pictures?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,411 Posts
On an automatic, it's for the Manual mode (Autostick)

Toggling the shift lever forward (-) or rearward (+) while in the MANUAL (AutoStick) position (beside the DRIVE position) will manually select the transmission gear, and will display the current gear in the instrument cluster as M1, M2, M3, etc.

A Guy
Actually it can be enabled all the time, even in D automatic mode. There is a ton of customization that can be done to the display. I get a kick out of people in videos show, and people here posting how they run around with MPH in the center display. You can put that on the top and still see something else on either side and then choose the center.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yeah, I have the "current gear" enabled so that it's always displayed on my cluster (2018 GT) - it just puts a little number (the gear number) right next the "D" for Drive indicator. This way, I can always see what gear it's currently in.

Haven't looked at the OP's pictures yet - but no idea if the 2016 has the same option or not.

I'll go out and take a picture of where it's shown in a few mins and post it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
Interesting...will have to see what I get if I turn mine on. Manual for 2016 only mentioned the quote I posted about Autostick

A Guy

PS I like the MPH in the center. Since you can choose what you like for the center, why not that? I can change to TMPS, etc. on demand, but I use MPH always, lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
So, I have always had the

P
R
N
M<D

there, lol. I assumed it was something else :rolleyes:

A Guy

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
So, I have always had the

P
R
N
M
there, lol. I assumed it was something else :rolleyes:

View attachment 978490

A Guy
Yeah, that part (P, R, N, M<D) is always there, but the option we're talking about actually adds the gear number right next to the M<D line, like shown in my picture above. If that "current gear" option isn't enabled, the actual gear number won't be displayed there. You are in Park in your picture, so I can't tell if it's actually enabled or not from your screenshot (it only shows the gear number if you are in Drive).

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I get the message:

Forum Status

The topic does not exist or you do not have permission to access it!

This forum has totally gone to [email protected]#!.

You can't view it from Tapatalk - you have to view it from a browser. Unfortunately, Tapatalk has never supported those functions (Garages, Media, etc).

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
You can't view it from Tapatalk - you have to view it from a browser. Unfortunately, Tapatalk has never supported those functions (Garages, Media, etc).
Ok cool, thanks. I guess I could deal with the Garage issue if the pics would start working again, why is this so difficult?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Ok cool, thanks. I guess I could deal with the Garage issue if the pics would start working again, why is this so difficult?

Yeah, I don't get it either. What I find really amusing is that when I initially asked Tapatalk support about the picture issue, they said that the forum admins needed to update a plug-in - but then the forum admins said that it was a Tapatalk issue. :)

You'd think that it would be a pretty simply thing to fix - but then again, I think the forum admins would prefer that everyone use a browser (since Tapatalk removes all revenue-generating advertisements), so I'm sure it's VERY low on their priority list...

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Yeah, I don't get it either. What I find really amusing is that when I initially asked Tapatalk support about the picture issue, they said that the forum admins needed to update a plug-in - but then the forum admins said that it was a Tapatalk issue. :)

You'd think that it would be a pretty simply thing to fix - but then again, I think the forum admins would prefer that everyone use a browser (since Tapatalk removes all revenue-generating advertisements), so I'm sure it's VERY low on their priority list...
heheh... if you're doing it right, your browser removes all those ads too, my router blocks most ads before any device in my house ever sees them.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,411 Posts
Here are some pictures of my cluster when using the 3 different modes
Drive
Autostick
Manual
Then a pick of Adaptive Cruise active. This is also how I have my display setup, TONS of info can be customized. I highly recommend everyone check with the Spanish guy "Manual"
And YES I DID get 29.5 MPG in a Scat Pack SHAKER! I set the cruise at 1MPH under whatever the limit was unless it was 1 lane and I couldn't bring myself to be that guy holding up traffic. And when it was 70MPH, I left it on 64. This was over about 150 miles on the route in the last picture. It is continuously up and down hills/mountains, but almost %100 was fairly gradual, minimal breaking (that is what kills MPG)
Also, hard to tell, that is the compass in the top right, S or SW in the pictures. That is where I pulled off major roads and stopped for food, mileage dropped to about 28 by the time I got to my house an hour later.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts