Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2018 R/T scat pack 392. I notice when I am stopped at a red light and the car is in drive a “thud” noise accompanied by a noticeable vibration felt while depressing the break pedal. It almost sounds like the breaks are losing pressure. The “thud”
Is random and doesn’t seem to follow a specific pattern. It doesn’t always do it but it does randomly. Seems to only do it when the car is warm. Any ideaS?? Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
2020 Redeye. 5k miles. After coming to a complete stop on surface/City driving, there is a single solo click-like sound from the left front vicinity. Does not seem heavy enough to be a clunk. Almost like a part cycling or resetting. No other symptoms. Once and done. I’d guess left front wheel caliper. Could be wrong about source. Not a rattle or loose component.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2018 R/T scat pack 392. I notice when I am stopped at a red light and the car is in drive a “thud” noise accompanied by a noticeable vibration felt while depressing the break pedal. It almost sounds like the breaks are losing pressure. The “thud”
Is random and doesn’t seem to follow a specific pattern. It doesn’t always do it but it does randomly. Seems to only do it when the car is warm. Any ideaS?? Anyone else experience this?
2020 Redeye. 5k miles. After coming to a complete stop on surface/City driving, there is a single solo click-like sound from the left front vicinity. Does not seem heavy enough to be a clunk. Almost like a part cycling or resetting. No other symptoms. Once and done. I’d guess left front wheel caliper. Could be wrong about source. Not a rattle or loose component.
Greetings VanZant and Dennis,
Sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing. If you decide to address this concern with your certified Dodge dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
Dodge Cares

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
My 16 did just that. Almost felt like someone tapped your rear bumper? The trans eventually went into limp mode at 25K miles, while coasting down a hill in stop and go traffic. Got off at the next exit, drove it to the dealer 5 minutes away. They flashed the Trans PCM, never did it again. However, 3 K later it went into limp mode on a different steep street in my neighborhood. Dodge said replace the entire trans and trans cooler system. Thanks god for warrantees! I never felt it again, especially after I traded it in last fall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts