Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best time to date is 7.25.. I see that most of you guys have at least gotten down to 6.5 so any tips would be helpful! I normally launch around 2000 rpm and use autostick. Where I live is 1500 ft above sea level, i don't know if this has an effect or if its just me.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I hold the RPMs at exactly 1,000...then take foot off the brake and stomp the pedal at the same time and hold it there. I can run 6.40s easily with a full tank of gas and the HVAC turned on. When good fuel comes back this spring I could easily hit low 6s with a 1/4 tank of gas I'm sure. You guys in the 7s aren't doing it right. Lol.

Oh, and I have the sh*tty 2.65 "airplane" gears in my rear end too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! Soon as all this snow goes away i'll get out and try it. I also have the 2.65 ratio...

1,931 Posts
Holding the RPMs at 2,000 before launching is probably causing your PCM to pull timing cutting HP....Try both holding at 1,000 rpms and again launching from idle. Seems some get better loading and others off idle. Either way roll into the throttle hard but slow enough to just be short of spinning the tires.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes if your A/C compressor is turned on then that's just one more thing being driven off your engine's pulley system and it robs a few horses. Try turning everything off to ease the load on the engine.

If these cars had decent rear end gears and if you took the torque management away so the ECU wouldn't pull timing...they'd be pretty nasty for a V6.

Reactions: inimitable713

·
Registered
2009 V6 Challenger
465 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
You guys that are hitting the high 5s....do your cars have 3.06 axle gearing?

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
You guys that are hitting the high 5s....do your cars have 3.06 axle gearing?

2.65 gears best so far 5.94, spin the tires and lay down some black marks, stop, back up
on top of them and launch off the black marks. easy way not to worry about spinning tires.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts