Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve used the 0-60 timer in the instrument cluster & its best time was transferred to the Performance Pages which I never used for timing.

Yesterday my best time was deleted in the cluster but still shows in the Perf Pages.

I was clicking through the settings via the steering wheel controls & just happened to be on the 0-60 timer when I made a left turn. Obviously I didn't floor it & the timer went to something over 17 seconds & wiped out the latest time & my best time & made them both zero. Fortunately the Performance Pages still shows the best time.

From previous experience, if the timer topped out at 10 seconds it would reset the latest time to zero but left the best time intact. Don't know what made it go over 10 seconds this time, but just guessing it was making a turn when the timer was running.

Currently the PP shows 4.5 secs & the cluster shows zero. If the next time I do a 0-60 run & it’s 5.0 secs, what will happen to the 4.5 that is shown in the PP?

If the cluster gets updated from zero to 5.0 secs, will that update be transferred to the PP and therefore wipe out the previous 4.5 secs which is still there, and make it 5.0 also? It’s just nice having something to document the 4.5 secs.

Before I do some 0-60 runs, is there any way to re-sync the cluster to match the 4.5 in the PP?

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
I've never seen an ability to sync the PP listings to the EVIC, but doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But clearing the best time from EVIC does seem to remove it permanently from the EVIC...the PP setting does remain.

You can save the PP results if you wish

Maybe someone will know how to get the EVIC to display what's saved by the PP

A Guy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never seen an ability to sync the PP listings to the EVIC, but doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But clearing the best time from EVIC does seem to remove it permanently from the EVIC...the PP setting does remain.

You can save the PP results if you wish

View attachment 978268

Maybe someone will know how to get the EVIC to display what's saved by the PP

A Guy
Thanks -
I saw that save option to save & will do it.

Previously the PP automatically took the EVIC best time. I never used the PP timers but it does have other data such as the quarter mile which I never officially ran. Apparently it grabs this data while doing the 0-60 EVIC run.

Interesting that the PP didn't grab the new zero EVIC time. Hopefully the streets dry up so I can do a few 0-60 runs somewhere & see what happens to the PP data. IOW what will happen when/if the EVIC fills in with a slower Best Time. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Problem solved -
Took the car out & did a mediocre run to see if the PP would change when the EVIC best time got updated. But the timer went to 20 secs. Tried again & got the same thing. Scratching my head & looking at the EVIC settings I noticed it was set for a 0-100mph timer. Apparently when making that left turn my thumb hit the right arrow button & changed the timer setting. What a dummy for not catching that earlier.

I should add - changing the timer back to 0-60 restored the 4.5 secs in the EVIC.

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
Ahhh, good catch (y) You have never done a 0-100 then? :devilish:

A Guy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh, good catch (y) You have never done a 0-100 then? :devilish:

A Guy
I never did a 0-100 run. I used to go to the drag strip in my younger days & I thought about taking the Dodge to one in order to see what it will do. I know some people would just do a 0-100 or quarter mile on an empty stretch of road, & I might have that back in the day. But nowadays I'm older & wiser, or think/ hope I am. Of course my wife doesn't think so!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
Red392Scat
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing