Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 RT Auto challenger with CAI and true dual flow masters on it. I bought the car used and that’s all I know that is done to it so far. Stock tires. This is my first run ever and got a 5.12 with traction control on. Share times and opinions on my time please and thank
You!

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,989 Posts
Have you tried running the transmission in AutoStick mode to see if that makes any difference in the 0-60 times?

5.12 is about as good as a stock R/T will do with the 3.06 rear gears and an A5 trans, but you may be able to shave a hair off with letting the engine run up to redline and let AutoUpshift trip the upshift in trans gears.

Or it may increase the 0-60 time. The 5.7L in stock form has already hit its peak HP/TQ output and is putting out less and less by the time redline arrives, so shifting earlier than redline may be better for acceleration times, I can’t remember for sure.

only way to know for sure is trying it yourself

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,075 Posts
That's decent enough for a basically stock car.

I don't know if you were spinning any, but if you were, stickier tires like real drag radials are almost always the biggest bang for the buck when it comes to quicker launches.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,591 Posts

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,234 Posts
How do you access that "best time" under the speedometer? I have a 2010 R/T as well.

Thx
Not all 2010s have this, mine doesn't while my brothers does. If you have buttons on ur steering wheel you have it, otherwise you're out of luck like me (mines faster than his tho)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not all 2010s have this, mine doesn't while my brothers does. If you have buttons on ur steering wheel you have it, otherwise you're out of luck like me (mines faster than his tho)
Yep, once I saw that video I knew I was S.O.L.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts