Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok RT auto with cai, and magnaflow mufflers AND predator 91 cai tune.

went today to check out the predator 91 cai tune, ok here is the problem and i need all you with knowledge of automatics and racing.

with the tune my car is awsome, and somewhat of a problem . i don't know to launch without burning rubber in two gears. only stock tires new coming but i'm trying to get a hookup to improve my 0-60 times. best was 5.26 but left about 30 feet of first gear rubber. and smoked it somewhat in second.

should i leave esp on,
should i shut it off partial,
should i shut it off completely,
do i stomp the gas like i did today??

help, the predator really took this to a new level and i'm needing advise.

PS just added, one thing that i thought was odd was the the esp/squigly was flashing when i took off with esp on, is that normal?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
roll into it, esp doesn't matter "that much" but a smokey tire blistering burnout will hurt ya.. if your at the track turn the tires over a little bit and load it up a little on the brake, roll into it again.. you will do much better on a track with the prep than on the street

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plum it was cold today and the road was pretty crapy. the predato 91 tune did drop om time about .2/.3. so i'm getting happy.
plum weren't you at camarofest?

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Mine seems faster/quicker with ESP on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My quickest time

I know this sounds crazy, but my best 0-60 time was ESP off, and 4 people in the car. I guess the extra two in back (they were probably less than 250 pounds between them) kept it from spinning so much and I got a better launch. 5.26 where as 5.33 is the best time with only me in the car.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
My best is a 5.09 albeit I'm a manual.

I didn't get down here until I changed oil to Royal Purple (seriously think it helped shave .2 seconds), new tires (stock are crap, have Pirelli PZeros now), and installed the hopnot kit (probably the equivalent of your two passengers in the back). The run was done on a long straightaway in the middle of California desert on a cool morning. I did notice that ESP off gives me about a tenth of a second advantage if I don't slip or bark the tires during shifts. And practice. :)

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, for your help, has anybody compared puting the slapstick in first and letting it shift versus just letting the automatic take in drive?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump for help.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
bump for help.
I tried it once or twice a long time ago - I prefer regular auto, esp on. Bottom line: Practice! I've hit 4.7 a few times with DS 91 tune, 91 gas, Aria CAI and Corsa catbacks. 2009 RT. BTW, the Aria made a big improvement over the old CAI I had (TrueFlow XDI - out of business now). If you really want the tires to grab, switch to a drag radial or something similar. My tires spin through 1st and 2nd if I'm not careful (they're Michelin 255/55/18s). In fact, if I go to WOT from like 4th (drops to 2nd), the tires spin. Gonna get new wheels/tires eventually, Nitto 555's, 295/45/18s, 18x10 wheels (on back). I also did the "pull #2 fuse" trick after a year and a half - HUGE difference!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts