Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
03HDFB....Full Hotchkis TVS Install on 1970

Well,
Its Time to get the 1970 as road worthy as thge 2008!! Just got some parts from Summit....Hotchkis TVS Complete with Shocks, Torsion Bars and Quick Steer and the Mopar 3/4" Spring relocation kit...Pretty Stoked!!! Finally got the top End all Buttoned back up (Thank You Mike at MRL)...With new Roller Lifters and a new Holley Delux 750 DP with electric chocke. I'll have some spare parts soon...if anyone wants them prefer Local pick up...I'm a pay it forward guy!! Right now I Have:
4160 750 DP No Chocke...Worked Perfectly
(2) Torque Thrust M 9x18x24mm Offset....Rears
(2) Nitto NT555 255/45-18......Rears
Mopar Performance Rear leaf Springs

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Install Updates....Still Waiting On Parts!

Well,
Waited Most of the Week to get the Front Sway Bar Brackets fro Hotchkis...Arrived Welded and Done!
I'm in a holding pattern waiting on Parts shortages but Most of the TVS System is Installed, The Quick
Steer Is Done, Torsion Bars are done, Only Thing left to do on the Mopar Performance Leaf spring relocation
kit is set the pinion angle and Weld!! Once I get my missing parts and get the car on the ground....I can
tack for location and finish the Welding for the Pinion and the rear Sway bar brackets. Still working thru
my under the car punch list while I wait....Painted the front caliper too.!
I'm waiting for SSBC to Deliver my Rear Disk Conversion Kit....

Reactions: buckwheat

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very nice and a dirt free engine bay. Bigger torsion bars, Firm Feel roller bearing idler, sector support and Borgeson or Firm Feel power steering box to complete the suspension upgrade?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very nice and a dirt free engine bay. Bigger torsion bars, Firm Feel roller bearing idler, sector support and Borgeson or Firm Feel power steering box to complete the suspension upgrade?

Yeah...Its Gotta Be Clean....With this Parked Next to it!

Suspension and Steering will be done for now...With the TVS, Torsion Bars, Subframe Connectrors, Quick
steer and the Rear spring location kit that I'm about to finish. I've convereted the fronts and rears to disk..
so now I'll have to work over the manual master....gona boost it! Next stop...is a 5 speed before the end
of Feb!
G

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, just awesome.

Thanks a ton!

Here's a shot before the last round of clean up and Polishing....I'll get some new pics soon!

Its been fun turning a wrench on a Gen #1 again!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update....Front Done, Rear still waiting on Front hanger and Rear Disk Kit

Well,
Didn't get much done on the car this week....Sucks! The Mancini 3/4" spring relocation kit...is the Mopar kit.....which needs the super stock springs (2" Shorter Than
the 1970 OEM Springs) the front hanger is 1.75" further aft. Dr Diff's kit is another 3 weeks out....so I made my own using the factory hangers and a backer plate...
I also bushed the spring holes so I could move the hole another 1/4" fwd...to make up for the backer plate thinkness. Now I can get the car on the ground and weld
in the rear sway bar brackets and Set and weld the pinion angle...Finally! The front is done though...and came out sweet!!! My wife got me the Nitto NT555
295/45-18 rear tires....and the new 18x10 Wheels finally showed up....still saving up for the Fronts!! Still Waiting on
- Hotchkis Shocks
- SSBC Rear Disk Kit
- Power Brake Conversion Master
- New Front Wheels

Fuel Filter Mod:

Front Suspension:

New Rear Wheels and Tires...18x10 with 295/45-18 NT555

G

·
Premium Member
7,309 Posts
That's awesome! Nice work. :thup:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update...Still waiting on parts...Fab'ed FWd leaf Hangers!

Well,
I couldn't wait for Dr. Diff any longer...He was still out of his 1" offset front hangers and the Mopar kit....well I posted that earlier!!
I fab'ed my own from Billet with the 1" offset and (3) postions for height....Here's a few pics. I also got some good new today...
the Hotchkis shocks I've been waiting for (For about a Month) are finally shipping....heck yeah!! I'm still waiting for a few parts
- SSBC rear Disk conversion kit...I month waiting...Never gona go that route again!
- Billet/Chrome Master and Booster conversion...They have been pretty quick...so happy with those guys!!
- Dropped my order with Hurst for the TKO600.....Pretty stoked. I'll have a sweet A833 4 speed with about 2000 Miles on it....I mean it
is sweet....clean as can be.....looks like it did the day the factory installed it!!! Would love to trade it for a Factory ebody 4 speed
console. The top plate doesn't have to be great...I'm gona hydro dip it...the the console body has to be sweet!!

G.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update.....Setting Pinion Angle, Welding Spring Perches and rear Sway Bar Brackets

Well,
Still Waiting on SSBC for my rear Disk brake kit....Way upset with that deal.....Ordered on the 15th of January

The Guys at Online Performance have quickly come up with my Power Master set-up...should have it by weeks end.
The Hotchkis shocks finally shipped...2 Month wait....Hope to have them today....Install so I can run to the alignment shop!
My Fabb'ed front spring hangers worked killer...I like having all (3) positions to use for ride height.

The Kings of the parts group have been the Guys at Hurst Drivelines (Steve Sparkman). From my first contact with them...
They've been great and well versed with thier tranny kits and parts! From Order to delivery...it will be 7 days....My Hurst
Elite Mopar TKO600 5 Speed Conversion kit will be here tomorrow....I'm just blown away with thier support!! I hope to start
the swap this coming Monday!

Here's a Quick Shot.....The ride Height is close but not final....I still have the Camber way out of whack up front!!

G

Reactions: Richmonddjs

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sweet looking Challenger. I did the SSBC rear disk for my Dart with an 8 3/4 rear end but I got mine from Summit as there were in stock at the time.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet looking Challenger. I did the SSBC rear disk for my Dart with an 8 3/4 rear end but I got mine from Summit as there were in stock at the time.

Yeah...the Powder coating killed it.....Had I know...I would have ordered plain and coated here.....Would have taken a couple days! Its all coming together though. SSBC rears and Hotchkis shocks showed up lastnight...Chrome Mater/Booster shipped today...and tranny should drop any time today!!! Its gona be sick!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks like Cuda exhaust tips on a Challenger?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update.....All Welding Completed and Tranny Delivered

It was a great day yesterday,
Pinion Angle Set, Spring perches welded, Rear Sway Bar frame doubler and mounting Bracket Welded.
Started the SSBC rear Disk conversion install and a Pallet from Hurst arrived!! The Only Issue...The
Bell housing/ Scatter shield was for a big block......SHEEET! Waiting on parts again....Hope Mr. Sparkman
can work his magic again and get the new Bell housing to me quick The Hurst Kit Elite Conversion kit is
truly sweet...well thought out with all the needed items...Pretty stoked to get working on this!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That '70 is going to be FUN to drive !!! Thanks for posting progress (has Slim seen these pics ??)

Hey Bud....Yeah...Should be killer fun!! I don't think slim has seen anything...I haven't posted this item on lxforums. I'm looking forward to showing him this coming spring for sure.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts