Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Everyone, Paint is finally complete. I am quite happy with the turnout.

Let me know what you all think. Im open to positive and negative criticism, just please no straight up bashing as i wouldnt do it to you.

Cheers all.

Ill Have some more pics to add later once my photoshoot is done.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Awesome custome paint job! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
452 Posts
looks sick!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Those Ghost flames are really nice.

I'm sure people would get out of the way if they saw that barreling down the road behind them :)

Did they airbrush directly on the factory clear coat?

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those Ghost flames are really nice.

I'm sure people would get out of the way if they saw that barreling down the road behind them :)

Did they airbrush directly on the factory clear coat?

No The Whole car was sanded down first before paint was applied. And then 4 coats of clear on top again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look pretty good man. That dude has talent and you have vision! Drop that sucker a little bit and youll clear up and some car shows!

I would Love to lower it some more, but ive got long tube headers and electric cutouts and they already scrape in some places. it sucks. I might put it on air some day though so i can drop it at shows. But for now ive got no money.

·
Registered
624 Posts
That looks pretty good! Definitely one of a kind. IMO I think it would look a lot better simply by blacking out the sidemarkers. But nice car!

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That looks pretty good! Definitely one of a kind. IMO I think it would look a lot better simply by blacking out the sidemarkers. But nice car!
Yeah, we were in a rush to get the clear done and polished for the show. Side markers are getting tinted just like the tail light soon enough.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The paint looks awesome! I'm not a fan of the wheels though, they look "thin"(Spokes) compared to the rest of the car IMHO.
Thanks for the comment. I appreciate your honesty and opinion. I love the rims and they seem to be one of the factors that people love about the car. It was the first car show ive ever had a vehicle in, and its so neat to sit back in your chair and just listen to what the passerby's and enthusiasts have to say. So far the Feedback has been about 95% positive. Its mostly the classic car guys that hate on the airbrushing. If its not a single color pearl metal-flake paint job than its not cool right.. haha

Anyways i appreciate the responses. Please keep them coming. Much more plans for this car in the future.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
really not my taste but it's sure unique and I can appreciate the time, talent, and expense that went into it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts