Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Challenger & knew they were a bigger car than the original '70-'74 just by walking around. Once I got it home it was really surprising. The new style Challenger makes the '69 Road Runner looks like an A-body. The trunk decklid of the Challenger is about 3/4" above the '72 C10 bed rails. I really like the new style but its surprising to see it when it's sitting by old vehicles.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Bro that garage shot is nice. I see what your talking about. You have there in your garage what I'd love to have in mine; 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440!!!! Auto or stick? Any work done to it? Man it looks great. Do you have any pictures of your challenger "posing" with the road runner? Would love to see them. Thanks for sharing my MOPAR brother.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
grancuda The challenger is a big car I also have a 1969 roadrunner mine is a show car only it came with a 383 and I still have it that way its all numbers matching car I have a 452 stroker in it pushing over 625hp I have had it for 17 years put about 3000 miles on it It has the rare bucket seats and console how about your roadrunner

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My '69 Road Runner is originally a 383 car with automatic. It was originally a very unique R4 Red-Orange exterior w/no vinyl top & A4 Pewter (silver) interior. The color combination, rust free original sheet metal thru-out & built 440 is what drew me to this car. The car currently sports a 20 year old Black Cherry paint job, 20 year old black interior w/original '69 bucket seats recovered with black vinyl & pewter cloth seat inserts, 6 pack fiberglass pin on hood, sub-frame connectors, 8 point roll bar, 440 pushing 600hp running a big solid lift cam @ .600/.600, single plane TM-1 intake (someone had a 6 pack but the single 4 performed better on the strip), Hooker Super Comp 2" primary full length headers, B&M 727 w/manual reverse valve body, Ford 9" rear housing w/5.00 full spool. The car runs really good & will eventually have 3.70 TracLock for more streetable driving.

Eventually I will return the car to its original R4 color & A4 interior color. The sub-frame connectors, roll bar & 9" Ford rear end are all put in really clean & will stay, luckily they didn't cut up the car installing the roll bar. The worst part of all is its paint job still looks nice, hard to paint a car that looks nice & they painted everything in the wrong color (jams/in trunk/under hood). Nice thing is I can drive it and not worry about its paint since I will be redoing it at some point.

I wanted to take the Road Runner on the 2013 Power Tour since it started in Dallas, not too far from us up by Tulsa. So this past spring I put a fresh 400 in the car that is for my 11 yo sons '69 Dart. I also put a 3.00 TracLock third member in for the highway driving. It did good but right before the final stop I busted an axle, dang Ford parts!

At Tulsa Raceway Park

Here was somewhere one the side of the highway while on the Power Tour

Coming into the Memphis Drag Strip for the Power Tour

Crossing the Tennessee state line on the Power Tour

Here is an example of the factory color combo with the R4/A4 colors

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Man thanks for the history and the pics!! Your my idol, lol. My absolute favorite MOPAR of all time; 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner. Thanks for sharing. (PS-my second favorite is my '13 SRT8! lol).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts