Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
T/A "package"

I may have missed it but I haven't seen any details on this. Is it cosmetic or is there more to it? Is there anything that spells out the details of this option?

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE MoparG
"My 1978 Dodge Monaco pursuit vehicle's 9.125 inch Dana 44 rear (the cover looks like a stop sign) is still in awesome condition. The car can slide sideways in the dry with no hesitation. Mighty Mopar indeed."

Not to be picky or flame, but a Corporate 9-1/4 is not a Dana 44. Dana 44's are found in the front of 1/2 and 3/4 ton 4wd trucks and various apps of some Jeeps. The cover looks like all other Dana's, only smaller. I've never seen one in a Mopar pass car. I've had taxis, squads, wagons, and all.

The Corporate 9-1/4 is a c clip axle and was used from the early 70's as the replacement for 8-3/4. It turns up in the back end of 1/2 ton trucks and all manner of HD pass car app's like your late B squad car.

Although the 2 look similar, they are completely different.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I think this thread was started to talk , inform and provide any and latest related info regarding the '09 R/T as thew title indicates , but somehow has completely derived to talking about LSD's . MAybe the moderators could take it from where this subject starts and create a new thread with this discussion 'cause we're way off track now

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Starting with post #76 on page 8 up to now - with this - a new thread should be created on LSD (as this is the subject solely discussed) by splitting up this thread at the indicated post #76 forward . So please , I ask of the site staff to correct this . It is agreat discussion but totally off-topic to this thread's intent ! This LSD discussion merits its own thread for obvious reasons . :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
When is the T/A package gonna be offered?? and a "classic R/T" has been mentioned here, how did you guys know about it??

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Personally I'm not aware of a T/A package mentioned anywhere - I know that a replica hood seen in this thread that emulates the T/A , but that is all .

If you want to know all the happenings on the Chally ; I encourage you to look up the links posted in the newly created thread on Challenger Links below in this section .

·
Registered
952 Posts
Personally I'm not aware of a T/A package mentioned anywhere - I know that a replica hood seen in this thread that emulates the T/A , but that is all .

If you want to know all the happenings on the Chally ; I encourage you to look up the links posted in the newly created thread on Challenger Links below in this section .

In the earlier press release photo gallery there was a single picture of a new Challenger with side stripes and T/A letters at the end of the stripe. It also had a blacked out hood but the picture cut off the hood. The car also had a black "go wing". As for the B5 classic I read about it on one of the dodge sites, it was only mentioned in passing as an option for the classic enthusiast.

·
RubberBannedWithCondom
7,359 Posts
In the earlier press release photo gallery there was a single picture of a new Challenger with side stripes and T/A letters at the end of the stripe. It also had a blacked out hood but the picture cut off the hood. The car also had a black "go wing". As for the B5 classic I read about it on one of the dodge sites, it was only mentioned in passing as an option for the classic enthusiast.
I think the idea is to piece meal the parts together to make it a TA.
I have heard nothing as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE MoparG
"My 1978 Dodge Monaco pursuit vehicle's 9.125 inch Dana 44 rear (the cover looks like a stop sign) is still in awesome condition. The car can slide sideways in the dry with no hesitation. Mighty Mopar indeed."

Not to be picky or flame, but a Corporate 9-1/4 is not a Dana 44. Dana 44's are found in the front of 1/2 and 3/4 ton 4wd trucks and various apps of some Jeeps. The cover looks like all other Dana's, only smaller. I've never seen one in a Mopar pass car. I've had taxis, squads, wagons, and all.

The Corporate 9-1/4 is a c clip axle and was used from the early 70's as the replacement for 8-3/4. It turns up in the back end of 1/2 ton trucks and all manner of HD pass car app's like your late B squad car.

Although the 2 look similar, they are completely different.
Yes, you are correct. I keep forgetting that. Sometimes I think that since the 9.75" is a Dana 60 that the 9.125" is in the lesser field of the Dana strength series.

The Dana 60 (and as you say the Dana 44)has an odd pertrution on one side and my 9.125" looks like a stop sign; totally different. Mind you only the 9.125 inchers look like stop signs which look beefier than the regular axles and it is.

Info: Mopar Rear Ends

Yes, SIX PACK, there should be more to talk about than just limited slips but should be up to the contributors themselves. As far as I am concerned, limited slip is the all important option. I dream about limited slip rears and what the do and how all good muscle cars have them.

I agree that a new thread should be started and I think I will with this all important piece of information.

I have official confirmation now from Dodge.ca - Cars Trucks Minivans SUVs in Canada - Home that the 2008s have a form of limited slip. I don't know if it's the same unit as in the 2009s (whatever happened to that 2009 prototype Challenger with the Getrag torque-sensing design that Automobile Magaizone tested?) but it is called a Torque Response Unit and Two-Pinion Speed Sensing. It is standard and it is called a Sure Grip (thank you MoPar).

It is written on the Canadian Dodge.ca - Cars Trucks Minivans SUVs in Canada - Home site on the left menu bar when you visit the 2008 page and select Handling and Control.

I have notified Allpar of this and perhaps it will be specifically spoken on on the 2008 identification.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So I wonder what the philosophy is for not offering the telematics computer that shows hp, torque, lateral g, 0-60 and 1/4 mi on the R/T (only available on the SRT).

Unless I read it wrong, only the SRT gets this.

I would think that the R/T is worthy of such a feature.

·
Super Moderator
13,331 Posts
So I wonder what the philosophy is for not offering the telematics computer that shows hp, torque, lateral g, 0-60 and 1/4 mi on the R/T (only available on the SRT).

Unless I read it wrong, only the SRT gets this.

I would think that the R/T is worthy of such a feature.

I guess stuff like this makes the SRT special. If many of the desirable features of the SRT were available on the R/T, who would spend the extra $$$ on the SRT? :icon_confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is the "hood to fender" stripe optional on the R/T the same hood stripes that were on the 08 SRT's hood? I was hesitant to order it without seeing what it looked like, but I did. Hopeing that's what it is, or that it is something retro.

·
Super Moderator
13,331 Posts
Is the "hood to fender" stripe optional on the R/T the same hood stripes that were on the 08 SRT's hood? I was hesitant to order it without seeing what it looked like, but I did. Hopeing that's what it is, or that it is something retro.
The hood stripe is unique to the SRT. The R/T gets side stripes.

·
Super Moderator
13,331 Posts
Uh-oh. Are they like the Old R/T or T/A type side stripe? Are there any pics?
The Challenger R/T stripe will be a set of double stripes that start at the hood bulge and angle back towards the door, stopping at the belt line, with R/T under it. Bob Fredrick has seen the stripe, and it is NOT a body length stripe. Here is his post on redletterdodge.com:

"I have seen the “R/T Hood To Fender” Stripe and can best describe it as a stripe that reminds me of the ‘71 GTX stripe(double stripes) that came down from the standard hood’s simulated scoop to the wheel lip.The Challenger stripe(double also),is more modern looking, and comes out of the side of the hood bulge and angles back toward the door,stopping at the body line and ending in R/T(the “R” under one stripe and the “T” under the other. It is nothing like any previous Challenger stripe but sweet looking none-the-less. It is black on all body colors except black, where it is silver."

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Challenger R/T stripe will be a set of double stripes that start at the hood bulge and angle back towards the door, stopping at the belt line, with R/T under it. Bob Fredrick has seen the stripe, and it is NOT a body length stripe. Here is his post on redletterdodge.com:

"I have seen the “R/T Hood To Fender” Stripe and can best describe it as a stripe that reminds me of the ‘71 GTX stripe(double stripes) that came down from the standard hood’s simulated scoop to the wheel lip.The Challenger stripe(double also),is more modern looking, and comes out of the side of the hood bulge and angles back toward the door,stopping at the body line and ending in R/T(the “R” under one stripe and the “T” under the other. It is nothing like any previous Challenger stripe but sweet looking none-the-less. It is black on all body colors except black, where it is silver."

I might have to have the dealer remove the stripe and get one of the classic r/t stripes. It will have sucked to have paid for a stripe and then have it removed, but if it's not what I want it will have to go. Will be interested in seeing pics of it.

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Why pay for it to be removed? You only get the stripe if you order it with your R/T

The package for the stripe is:

Code: MPD
Description: R/T Hood to Fender Stripes

If you don't want the R/T stripe, just don't pay the extra money to get it in the first place ;)

101 - 120 of 151 Posts
About this Discussion
150 Replies
49 Participants
Tim4altd
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing