Dodge Challenger Forum banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why pay for it to be removed? You only get the stripe if you order it with your R/T

The package for the stripe is:

Code: MPD
Description: R/T Hood to Fender Stripes

If you don't want the R/T stripe, just don't pay the extra money to get it in the first place ;)

Problem is I already ordered the car with the stripes.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
there is still time to change it. Orders arent finaly till sometime in mid june

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
You can certainly modify your order. In fact, I've already done that three times with my dealer.

Before Bob Frederick knew the official packages, he put in my order as soon as ordering opened with what packages that we thought would likely show up on the '09s. So my initial order was:

* Hemi Orange
* 5-Speed Auto
* Power Sunroof
* Tire Upgrade

Once he called me up later in the day after he got all his customer's orders into the system he mentioned that there were two additional packages avail on the '09s (SRT Option Group II and Hood Stripe Delete). So I had him add on the SRT Option Group II (Edit #1). I mentioned I was on the fence about the transmission and he said no worries that orders don't lock in until about early-mid June per his estimation.

Later on I thought how I would like the car better without the sunroof, so I contacted him again and he removed the sunroof (Edit #2).

A couple days later (and you can see the big ol' thread I had where I was debating the transmission) I sided with the 6-Speed manual, so I contacted Bob yet again (thanks to Bob's patience and understanding!) and Bob swapped me over to the 6-speed manual (Edit #3).

I have the order papers in my hand as we speak that show that the car is optioned just as I had asked Bob even despite that he had to modify it for me 3 times since its initial punch into the system.

So, I'd say contact your dealer and have him/her nix it from your order if you truly do not want stripes.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
3 times venthos? Gee, i thought i was going out on a limb calling Bob to change my order just the one time lol. With this kind of money involved, you have to get what you want. And you still have time to do so Cam99.

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Yea I felt bad asking him so much. Technically I wouldn't count the first edit since no one could've possibly known of the '09 only options before-hand ;), but Bob was happy to accommodate each time.

Just like 425 said, you're paying a lot for a nice performance car. Make sure you get what you want!

·
Super Moderator
13,340 Posts
A factory worker has posted on allpar that they were told this week that when they return, after the July shutdown, they will be building 3.5L Challengers.
I thought the original plan was to build the 2009 R/Ts first and then the SRTs in September.

This change is probably in response to the current gas crisis.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I ordered my '09 R/T without any stripes. I'm sure there will be several aftermarket stripe kits. It's always easier to add a stripe later than have one removed.

·
Registered
885 Posts
A factory worker has posted on allpar that they were told this week that when they return, after the July shutdown, they will be building 3.5L Challengers.
I thought the original plan was to build the 2009 R/Ts first and then the SRTs in September.

Thats bad news for guys like myself who ordered 09 R/T's.I thought that was the main Challenger model that Chrysler was going to push hard to sell, but it's understandable that this would have changed. Gas here in NY is well over $4 a gallon just for regular.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
I ordered my '09 R/T without any stripes. I'm sure there will be several aftermarket stripe kits. It's always easier to add a stripe later than have one removed.
the stripes arent hard to remove at all. I do it all the time

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Thats bad news for guys like myself who ordered 09 R/T's.I thought that was the main Challenger model that Chrysler was going to push hard to sell, but it's understandable that this would have changed. Gas here in NY is well over $4 a gallon just for regular.
Bad for you? I was under the impression that the R/T's were being built first, then SRT's the 2nd of sept would start. Now with the SE's coming first who knows about us. lol

·
Registered
61 Posts

Are you sure about this? We need to get ResumeSpeed to verify this. He always seems to be on top of things...

·
Super Moderator
13,340 Posts
If the AY2 SRT OPTION GROUP II E includes an INSTRUMENT CLUSTER WHITE FACE W/TACH, what instrumentation is provided as standard? I thought all SRTs had white-faced guages and a tach?

Also, what is the reasoning behind no front and rear floor mats on the SRT?

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
If the AY2 SRT OPTION GROUP II E includes an INSTRUMENT CLUSTER WHITE FACE W/TACH, what instrumentation is provided as standard? I thought all SRTs had white-faced guages and a tach?

Also, what is the reasoning behind no front and rear floor mats on the SRT?
I never understood the white being an option either. Every SRT i have ever seen is white on the cluster panel.

We dont get floor mats? why the heck not?

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
We dont get floor mats? why the heck not?
Sure we do. SRT8 floor mats are just a different package code because they're "luxury" floor mats... whatever that means.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
luxry? oh god, that should be a $500 option now

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone ever used that caliper paint like they sell in the Eastwood Catalogue? How does it come out? Any tips? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
I bought some once but never got around to using it LOL

121 - 140 of 151 Posts
About this Discussion
150 Replies
49 Participants
Tim4altd
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing