Dodge Challenger Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I'm not sure what they have in the Eastwood Catalogue but I painted my calipers on my Charger R/T with red high heat caliper paint. It was a very easy mod and the end result was quite good for the $$ & time spent. 2.5 years later and I only have a couple of chips here and there. It's probably time for another coat... Just follow the instructions and make sure you get all of the brake dust cleaned off before proceeding with paint.

Has anyone ever used that caliper paint like they sell in the Eastwood Catalogue? How does it come out? Any tips? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
if you could do it, it would be better to have the calipers powder coated instead. Its a little more pricey but it will look a lot better and hold up better as well

·
Registered
517 Posts
Re: '09 Pricing

A visit to the Autoblog website suggests a price tag @$40K for the SRT8 not to mention the gas-guzzler tax and a few upgrades. In reality, this would be a reasonable price BUT....we do not live in a reasonable world. I will contiue to wait for reasonable prices especially with the cost of fuel soaring!!! It cost me many dollars to fuel my Dodge Charger SRT8 and now I want to add more to the problem?? Hell yes I do!!

Later

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts

A visit to the Autoblog website suggests a price tag @$40K for the SRT8 not to mention the gas-guzzler tax and a few upgrades. In reality, this would be a reasonable price BUT....we do not live in a reasonable world. I will contiue to wait for reasonable prices especially with the cost of fuel soaring!!! It cost me many dollars to fuel my Dodge Charger SRT8 and now I want to add more to the problem?? Hell yes I do!!

Later

R/T - Better bang for the buck.

·
Registered
517 Posts

R/T - Better bang for the buck.
I didn't think so. After attending the SRT Track experience, the SRT is built for all kinds of fun stuff and that was what the Dodge folks wanted to show us. Besides the 2009 SRT 6-speed Challenger is now in the garage for about a month and I got it for $1000 below MSRP.

Later

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts

I didn't think so. After attending the SRT Track experience, the SRT is built for all kinds of fun stuff and that was what the Dodge folks wanted to show us. Besides the 2009 SRT 6-speed Challenger is now in the garage for about a month and I got it for $1000 below MSRP.

Later
I dont want to turn this into ANOTHER R/T Vs SRT. We have done that, already elsewhere. But the "cliffnotes" in case you missed it=

"SRT is $10,000 more for 50HP, brembo brakes (that only stop 3 feet shorter than the R/T), and different suspension".

I spent $4000 and got 50HP and a Hotchkis suspension.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Motor Trend compared all three models and said the R/t was the best bang for the buck. Both are awsome except for the v6.
Awww, don't hate on the V6 - it is awesome too (in its own way) -- granted it doesn't have the power of the v8, but it still has the awesome looks. All three cars are great in my opinion -- i currently have an SE, and I think its an awesome car, i just need the power boost and the manual transmission, but some people don't need that, in which case the SE is awesome for them too.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts