Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I used to be fairly active on this forum when I first got my car back in '09. It's been a while because I haven't modded my car at all in the last several years (I couldn't even remember my old account info!!). I've been enjoying this car as a daily driver since I got her. Never had much of a commute, so less than 90k miles. She's been a great driver and thankfully because of the lifetime powertrain warranty, I haven't had to sink much money into repairs.

After over 10 years of ownership, I figured it was about time to treat her to some new shoes. American Racing 18" Torq Thrust II's!

18x8 w/ Falken 245/55/18R in the front, and 18x9 w/ Falken 255/55/18R in the rear.

The wheels had to be custom drilled for the 5x115 bolt pattern, but though I was quoted two weeks, I had the wheels 4 business days later. (Thanks Ron's Rims for the amazing service!!)

The wheels are polished aluminum and ran just over $200 a pop including delivery.

I'm so absolutely enamored with how these wheels and tires look! The higher sidewall of the tires do a great job of filling up the wheel well (car isn't lowered!)

I struggled with finding the right sort of info out there for fitting these wheels onto our car, so I hope that this comes in handy for anyone out there looking for that retro muscle car look.

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Looking good, I love the meaty tire!

I recommend getting some trim restorer (303 or mother's is good) and touching up the black plastic trim around your taillights, or any other fading plastics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I was just looking at the pics myself and realized that it's about time to restore that trim.

I have some 303, thanks for the reminder!

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
I'm impressed! I love the meatier tires.

Do you happen to know the offset of the wheels?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,256 Posts
I always thought offset and backspacing were essentially the same but apparently not.

Wheel width ÷ 2 + offset + ½” = Backspacing

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
199 Posts
Looks great! always love the thick sideways

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,453 Posts
Looks great :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really waned to put a set of these on my Scat Pack but with the gloss black spokes. Now it appears they do not make that style anymore in 20" wheels so I am looking at Foose or MMR now.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I honestly didn't think a 0 offset wheel would fit right with these cars (thought it would push the wheel out way too far). Guess not! Although, I don't think 0 offset would be possible with my 2018 GT - it comes with +55 offset wheels! I installed +24 offset wheels and that pushed them out quite a bit (over an inch) - to where they are flush with the fenders. Any further could be problematic for me....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts