Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I really waned to put a set of these on my Scat Pack but with the gloss black spokes. Now it appears they do not make that style anymore in 20" wheels so I am looking at Foose or MMR now.

Bummer that they stopped making them. I know they have the polished in 20, maybe they can do a custom? I'd contact ronsrims1.com to see if he could help, super helpful guy, his site doesn't appear to be loading today though for some reason

I honestly didn't think a 0 offset wheel would fit right with these cars (thought it would push the wheel out way too far). Guess not! Although, I don't think 0 offset would be possible with my 2018 GT - it comes with +55 offset wheels! I installed +24 offset wheels and that pushed them out quite a bit (over an inch) - to where they are flush with the fenders. Any further could be problematic for me....

I was a little nervous about it, but the guy who helped me out with the order gave me the measurements and I went outside with a tape measure and measured out from my rotors and it looked like it would be ok. Luckily I think it looks great! It sticks out a little bit in the rear, but I think it looks good, unlike some that I've seen that stick out too far and just look super odd.

Glad you like them, thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't like them. I LOVE them! Seriously, they look freaking awesome. Great job.

And you said that they were only like $200 a piece??

Awesome!!

Yup, total cost shipped was $864, they even included the lugs! Ordered from ronsrims1.com, his site isn't loading right now for some reason but Ron is the man.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Awesome!!

Yup, total cost shipped was $864, they even included the lugs! Ordered from ronsrims1.com, his site isn't loading right now for some reason but Ron is the man.
The poor guy probably went out of business after you *stole* those rims off of him for that price! ;-)

So being that they are polished wheels, they wouldn't have the same "cons" as chrome rims, correct (pitting, etc) - any idea how well they'd hold up on cars that are driven year-round, including snow? Just curious, not that I can get them for my GT... :-(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The poor guy probably went out of business after you *stole* those rims off of him for that price! ;-)

So being that they are polished wheels, they wouldn't have the same "cons" as chrome rims, correct (pitting, etc) - any idea how well they'd hold up on cars that are driven year-round, including snow? Just curious, not that I can get them for my GT... :-(

Haha!

No idea on durability vs chrome. From my understanding, polished aluminum will be lighter in weight than chrome, but have more upkeep due to the way aluminum will oxidize over time. My plan is to keep them sealed so that I don't have to polish them so frequently. I personally think polished aluminum looks a lot nicer than chrome, especially on a muscle car. A bit warmer of a shine, less gaudy.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
11 Participants
TOPPED_OUT
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing