Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a good long while since I've been able to link my phone directly to my Challenger (09 SRT8), which makes my steering wheel controls utterly useless. I'd like to update / upgrade the receiver as well as the center's ports. At the moment it can only link to a 4th generation or older iPhone and it would be nice to have a general USB connection so my Android could work with it. Has anyone done this with any success and/or have any idea what the cost might be?

I was originally thinking maybe I could buy the unit / parts for a 2011-14 model challenger which should fit pretty easily as I believe they still share the same architecture. In the past I have also looked at aftermarket set ups but I haven't found anything that seems to hint that it works reliably with the steering controls. As long as it fits the fascia and works with the steering wheel I don't see a reason why it would have to be OEM which will cost a bundle but if that's the way I have to go, as long as I know it can be done I will do it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you don't mind aftermarket I would look into the idatalink maestro rr with the harness and a good aftermarket Kenwood or Pioneer you can have all the features you want and maybe more.
Odds are that it will still cost less than any factory radio.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts