Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to find out can you program a new push to go key fob for the older 09 08 etc cars or do you have to go to a dealer...

Also if you have to go to the dealer do they have to flash the computer. I have my car tuned for my blower build and I DO NOT want to go through retuning for a key.

And I don’t want to set it back to stock at the dealer as if they flash the eco and change it I am stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,340 Posts
its dealer or a locksmith that has the license to program key fobs.

what you'll need is the good working fob so that they can get the coding from that one in order to program a new one - don't forget to transfer the metal emergency key to the new fob afterwards.

the new fob will have a blank metal emergency key that would need to be cut for the lock cylinder - FYI

a fob reprogram doesn't require any software flashes to the PCM

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hal

I will check around for a locksmith

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
If forced to go to a Dealer, can you take the Blower tune with you? Did the fob disintegrate. How about new battery and hold lock/unlock down simultaneously for 10 seconds. Already try those?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Dennis

Ya I can but it can so south with reloading a tune. I had one lock up and lose the factory file and it was a mess. So I will avoid that at all cost

I tried the new battery but not the buttons. May give that a shot.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Super Moderator
17,340 Posts
Hey Dennis

Ya I can but it can so south with reloading a tune. I had one lock up and lose the factory file and it was a mess. So I will avoid that at all cost

I tried the new battery but not the buttons. May give that a shot.

sometimes what I'd do is pop the Start button out, insert the fob and and cycle OFF > ACC > ON

then remove the fob, insert the button and see if it will operate Keyless.

If not, the fob may have gone bad. A friend with a low mile '09 R/T (21k) had one fob go dead and had to replace it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.