Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker here, just registered!

Looking to put a 15+ rear spoiler on my 09 R/T. I like the Hellcat spoiler since it's black and is a bit wider and taller. I also like the backup camera...but that's where I run into issues.

My car has the basic 7 speaker system. Not even MyGig, just the basic one. I plan on updating the head unit to a touch screen double DIN by Pioneer or another big name. This is so I can hook up my subwoofer finally. Most if not all of these higher end DINs have provisions for backup cams...but I have none to start with.

If this belongs more in the A/V section then please move. I saw the thread where a member put a HC spoiler on a '12 which should be the same process I'll be dealing with. Little drilling involved from what it looks like but nothing I can't do.

Any tips for what I need to get a backup camera to function? Wiring harness off a 6-speed 15+ car? Any tips for HC spoiler installation in general?

Thanks everyone, glad to be here

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wanting to put a 2015-2017 spoiler on my 2013 and wanting to get a backup camera installed in the spoiler as well. Let me know how this goes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is how I installed mine. Should work for you using the spoiler camera I would think.
Thanks for that! Module wires right in to my factory harness it looks like? Read things about the manual cars finding issue with this as there's no TCM. I was considering wiring something into my reverse gate but the rabbit hole for wiring often gets deep and very, very messy :brickwall:

Wanting to put a 2015-2017 spoiler on my 2013 and wanting to get a backup camera installed in the spoiler as well. Let me know how this goes
Will update this or make a new thread when I eventually get around to it. HC spoilers aren't cheap and neither are the head units or modules necessary to run it unfortunately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts