Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,518 Posts
Replace mufflers with something good, e.g. JFB Flow Deflectors, and drop the redos.

Others will drone on about drone. I’m too old to hear drone I think because I’ve dropped the redos and all I hear is goodness...smile inducing goodness.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
RESOS !
RESOS!
RESOS!!

Not redos...stupid autocorrect.

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts
Glad you made a post to redo that...

A Guy

Reactions: Cominfromcamaro

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
If you're looking for better sounding exhaust, you could have trouble just picking one from all the options. There are countless brand/model mufflers to go with, and everybody will say the ones they chose sound the best. Luckily for you, I'm here to declare mine really do sound the best. ?

Nevertheless, I'm not so blinded by hubris as to recognize others' idea of “best” may differ from mine. As such, your only real hope of finding something you will like is to hit up YouTube to listen to examples of different exhaust upgrades to the platform in question.

BTW: There were some significant changes to the exhaust for the 2015 refresh IIRC, so you'll probably want to limit your example videos to Hemi LXs of year model 2014 and below.

(But honestly, if you just want to save yourself some time, go with a couple SI/SO Jones Full Boar Flow Deflector mufflers. That’s what I did, and I could not have been more pleased with the results. ?)

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Glad you made a post to redo that...

A Guy
I can’t decide if that’s just a really bad pun or an extremely lazy one...or is it really bad BECAUSE it was so clearly lacking in any real effort...

Either way, I am disappointed @A Guy!

I mean, where is that well-known-but-seldom-used ability of yours to author puns so terrible they leave women and small children confused and irritated??

I think I deserve puns of a higher (lower?) quality!

If you won’t do it for me, do it for all of ChallengerTalk!!

Reactions: SmallTownDriver15

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Thanks what was the cost?
I’d have to go look at my records to get an exact number, but a ballpark would be about $350 or a little less I think - approximately $80 in parts (2 mufflers) and the rest in labor (replace OE exhaust from mufflers back with new mufflers and new pipe all the way out).

I’m pretty sure I created a post on the Charger forum after I first got it done that has the exact numbers. I’ll see if I can find it and update this with them.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Looks like the mufflers (FB2543) were $29 each, but with s&h and tax, they cost me $74 total.

And I’m unable to find the muffler shop receipt at the moment, but I’m pretty sure it was between $250 and $270. So about $325-350 in all.

If you were to go this route, the muffler shop bill will be the wild card. You might find a place to the work cheaper, maybe more, but since they’re providing the new exhaust pipe and doing the labor, you could expect to pay $200-300 for all that I’m thinking.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Great info,,just replace the 2 mufflers, much less than I thought. Thanks ?
i would be remiss if i didnt mention the mid-muffler delete approach to "upgrading" the factory exhaust.

It's pretty much what its name says - you remove the mufflers (and replace with exhaust pipe to connect two ends the muffler used to connect) and leave the resos in place to act kinda like a muffler.

It's about as inexpensive as you can get for modding the exhaust, and i guess it could be considered an upgrade over the stock sound...well, not for me or any other Pursuit owner, the end result wouldnt be the same as everyone else's...

Anyway, my point is that approach is an option available to anyone who's finances are not in good shape...and who are deaf...no, that was a cheap shot...

look, you can do the mid-muffler delete on these Hemis if you think that resulting exhaust sound is tolerable, but for me personally, I could not drive my car long with that kind of sound ?

to each his own i guess...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts