Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys was wondering if any of you have the same problem, at highway speeds, 60+, i hear what sounds like the metal fluttering in the trunk area on both sides of the car, any ideas thanks in advance

Scotty J

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Sound like a trunk monkey. :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
trunk monkey :notallthere: I like that. done any work back there lately? before you take it in you could check your seal around the inner lid,check your sub woofer mounting tightness,check all the inner trunk panel fittings (plastics),check the area underneath the panel where the spare would be,check the spoiler fastenings

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the same fluttering noise, but at very low speed braking or taking off ...it's driving me crazy. I just can't figure it out.
Mine's doing the same thing. It sounds like it's under the console. I loosened the back of the console, but found no problems. Also checked the seats, under the car, etc., but couldn't locate the problem. Took it to the dealership. The mechanic thinks it's either a rear shock or the driveshaft joint. They have shocks on order. I'll let you know if that fixes the problem (if the shocks arrive in before the salt fairies). It's driving me craaaaaaazy!!!!! At least I'm not alone. Please PM me if you get yours diagnosed before I do.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge 1320
98 Posts
Had a noise from trunk, adjusted the bumpers on trunk and fixed the sound. Think i turned them out a 1/4 turn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts