Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed have no ac control all 3 control buttons are inop,no rear defog no lamps in center come on and no air vent system change.Just fan speed works,stuck in defrost mode, checked all fuses #14 and #41 all good.Any one have this problem,maybe needs new complete controller? thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Have you removed the center stack bezel at some tome? Say to add a lockpick or similar? If so perhaps one of the wiring plugs has popped out.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Short of checking that you really have power at the control module from the two circuits (fuses) you state, it looks like you will have to get the dealer to check diagnostics with the Starscan according to the service manual.

I guess you might try removing the two fuses or disconnecting the battery for a while in hopes the control module just "locked up".

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This forum is the best! Thank you big time Cruiserdan and Waumo!:bigthumb: just now removed the bezel removed all the connectors sprayed the with some electrical contact cleaner air dried and replugged in and it works great.It was about a year and a bit ago I put in a little led lamp beside the hazard switch for my line loc tell tale,forgot I had that bezel off before :notallthere:.Awesome guys,you saved me a trip to the dealer$$hip for a new controller.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had this same issue on my '09 R/T after my battery went weak during the winter and needed a jump start. Took the car to get an inspection this summer and the HVAC controls didn't work. Only the fan worked on the windshield defog setting. I pulled off the trim bezel around the HVAC controls, unplugged the 3 modular plugs from behind, turned the car on, turned the car off, reconnected the plugs, pushed back in the bezel and everything worked as normal again.

Also 3 of my emissions sensors were not working when they connected the NYS inspection machine to the car and had to drive the car just over 100 miles for them to reset as well. Thankfully I carried around an OBD scanner and knew when the sensors were right so I didn't have to guess at it and bring the car back to them to keep checking if the sensors were working again.

Since I don't drive the car much, I now have a trickle charger on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts